Windows 10: Unable to play AV1 videos

Discus and support Unable to play AV1 videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For the last couple of months I've been witnessing screen tearing/distortion I don't really know how to describe it, see image bellow on media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Timelapse., Sep 4, 2020.

1. Unable to play AV1 videos

Hello,

For the last couple of months I've been witnessing screen tearing/distortion I don't really know how to describe it, see image bellow on media images and videos online and on streams in apps like Discord.

Online webm

I've formatted the PC, updated video drivers, tested with the onboard gfx card, swapped the RAM sticks in and out and in different slots, I've tried to isolate each individual component to no avail.

The same issue happens in VLC/WMP when I try to play av1 format videos https://www.elecard.com/videos the video just has insane stutter and the same distortions appear.

Downloaded video playing on VLC
    Has someone else had this happen to them? I seems to only happen on AV1 encoded media.

Thank you for the Help!

System

Host Name: DESKTOP-LVKMJ8P

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner: Windows User

Registered Organization:

Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA081

Original Install Date: 04/09/2020, 21:39:19

System Boot Time: 04/09/2020, 22:43:36

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

System Type: x64-based PC

Processors: 1 Processors Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3601 Mhz

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. F4, 06/09/2017

Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale: en-gb;English United Kingdom

Input Locale: pt;Portuguese Portugal

Time Zone: UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Total Physical Memory: 8,066 MB

Available Physical Memory: 4,405 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 9,986 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 4,248 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use: 5,738 MB

Page File Locations: C:\pagefile.sys

Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Server: \\DESKTOP-LVKMJ8P

Hotfixs: 5 Hotfixs Installed.

[01]: KB4570723

[02]: KB4517245

[03]: KB4561600

[04]: KB4569073

[05]: KB4565351

Network Cards: 2 NICs Installed.

[01]: IntelR Ethernet Connection 2 I219-V

Connection Name: Ethernet

[02]: IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Connection Name: WiFi

DHCP Enabled: Yes

DHCP Server: 192.168.1.254

IP addresses

[01]: 192.168.1.64

[02]: fe80::38e8:276a:1e5d:f035

[03]: fdaa:bbcc:ddee:0:e520:de7d:d26:c21e

[04]: 2a00:23c7:5b88:6d00:e520:de7d:d26:c21e

[05]: fdaa:bbcc:ddee:0:38e8:276a:1e5d:f035

[06]: 2a00:23c7:5b88:6d00:38e8:276a:1e5d:f035

Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes

Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes

Second Level Address Translation: Yes

Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

:)

Timelapse., Sep 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

YouTube starts testing AV1 video format

Read more: YouTube starts testing AV1 video format - FlatpanelsHD

Brink, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    YouTube starts testing AV1 video format

Read more: YouTube starts testing AV1 video format - FlatpanelsHD

Brink, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Unable to play AV1 videos

Unable to play videos in Windows 10

We suggest uninstalling the display adapter driver that might have caused the video not to play. You can follow the steps provided by Deepak_Krishnan R on this
    Unable to play video/youtube/media player which was found helpful resolving the issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to play AV1 videos

1. Unable to play AV1 videos - Similar Threads - Unable play AV1

2. Unable to play videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play videos: I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-videos/14eb9a3c-6e6c-4819-b34c-076562c2ccc2
  3. Unable to play an exported video project

Unable to play an exported video project: When I export my video project I am unable to play the video. When I try to open the video in movies & tv I get his message: "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt" The video...
  4. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...
  5. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  6. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  7. YouTube starts testing AV1 video format

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube starts testing AV1 video format: YouTube has started experimenting with using the new AV1 video format and has created an AV1 beta playlist. “We have ambitious goals for rolling out the new format”, the company said. AV1 to replace VP9 Google has largely opposed the industry HEVC compression standard,...
  8. Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube: How to: Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube How to Enable AV1 Video Support on YouTube AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia),...
  9. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the...
  10. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...