Windows 10: Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader

Discus and support Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can some one tekky help out with a problem? I've been unable to play DVDs or CDs on my internal drive on my laptop for a while. When I go to 'System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harveypotter, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader

Can some one tekky help out with a problem?

I've been unable to play DVDs or CDs on my internal drive on my laptop for a while.

When I go to 'System Information' I can see under 'Components' --> 'Problem Devices' that there are two entries:

1 MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ260F;

2 TOSHIBA x64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device

Both are saying Error Code: 'Failure using the VxD loader'.

I'm guessing this is the reason why the DVD/CD player isn't working.

I've tried a few things like uninstalling the device in device manager but it reappears when I reboot my PC. And have also tried updating the drivers using the windows update wizard but it returns saying I have the most up-to-date drivers already installed.

Have also run an 'sfc /scannow' in CMD but it returns nothing: "Windows Resource Protection did not find and integrity violations".

Can anyone recommend a fix for this please?

Thanks

HP

***Original title: "Failure Using The VxD Loader" Error***

:)

harveypotter, Jan 14, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 14, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

Hello --

The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer.

- Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Further details:

- This is a reconditioned Lenovo ThinkPad T430s, running Windows 10 Pro

- The drive is Matsushita DVD-RAM UJ8C2 with up-to-date Microsoft driver

- Before it stopped playing and showing up in Explorer, some CDs were intermittently recognized within WMP. I thought this might be b/c of disc condition (borrowed from public library).

Joan-jjblue, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Thema:

Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader

1. Unable to play CD/DVD on PC, drive showing error: Failure using the VxD loader - Similar Threads - Unable play DVD

2. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  3. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  4. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dvd / Cd drive not showing up

Dvd / Cd drive not showing up: Hi all i cannot find my cd drive in This PC from file explorer It is neither in device manager nor in disk management i did the registry key solution, used cmd, used troubleshooter i don't know what to do next help please!?!? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. DVD drive won't play CD

DVD drive won't play CD: DVD drive used to play CDs just fine. Now it isn't recognized by the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-wont-play-cd/fbee553a-62bb-4785-aa0b-49bd4637ea0f
  7. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  8. "Failure Using The VxD Loader" Error

"Failure Using The VxD Loader" Error: Can some one tekky help out with a problem? I've been unable to play DVDs or CDs on my internal drive on my laptop for a while. When I go to 'System Information' I can see under 'Components' --> 'Problem Devices' that there are two entries: 1 MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ260F; 2...
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. dvd/cd drive not showing

dvd/cd drive not showing: I inserted a cd in the drive to rip the contents but nothing happened.I have looked in devices but the drive dosen`t show. it is a long time since I last used it but I`ve tried two different software programmes with no luck.I am running version 1803 64 bit.Can anyone help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd wont play on computer with windows 10