Windows 10: Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

Discus and support Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The other day, I updated my iTunes to the latest version: 12.9.4.102. Now, certain ACC songs will not play (using iTunes on my Windows 10 laptop). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gwalks, Apr 2, 2019.

1. gwalks Win User

Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

The other day, I updated my iTunes to the latest version: 12.9.4.102. Now, certain ACC songs will not play (using iTunes on my Windows 10 laptop). When I try to play them, the time (duration) is changed to "789:57:13" and then does not play. It looks like something in the new iTunes version is corrupting my ability to play music. I can play the music files on another music player, but not in iTunes, so it looks like the music file is still ok.

Is there an easy fix to this? If not, is there a way to go back to my previous version of iTunes (if so, how?) ? Thank you.

:)

gwalks, Apr 2, 2019

2. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Totig Win User
    Music skipping/jumping for certain songs

Hi, I have noticed that certain songs when you unpause them they seem to skip and jump for about 2-3 seconds before continuing to play as normal. Most songs continue to play just fine however. I still need to determine what the difference is between
    these songs, etc. Has anyone else noticed this with certain songs?

Totig, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

Spent far to many hours trying to get some music that plays in WMP but does not show up in Itunes. If I look at the i tunes albums the song is there but grayed out and says "file location not found". Is there a way to have itunes and WMP sing all songs off the same "song sheet"

really old guy, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

1. Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes - Similar Threads - Unable play certain

2. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  3. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  4. Song plays after windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Song plays after windows boot: For the last week when my Computer has finished booting, a song plays. Always the same one which is located in a Dropbox Folder, and not a song I have ever listened to on my computer, only used for a video edit. Under the Task manager there is no media player active. A...
  5. Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 iTunes version 12.10.7.3 I have downloaded and installed iTunes a number of times from the Microsoft app store and it still does not work. I get this error if I try to download something: [ATTACH] When I click to play...
  6. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song: iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some music or lecture that I ripped from a CD. How do I turn this auto-play off? I like my iPhone and iPad, *Smile but I really,...
  7. iTunes not playing after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    iTunes not playing after hibernation: Don't know if this is an OS or iTunes issue, however, when I start my PC from hibernation, iTunes won't play anymore without a restart of the program. Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. downloading iTunes on new version of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading iTunes on new version of Win10: A box comes up stating that I need to remove the old version of iTunes from my laptop before I can download a newer version of iTunes but I cannot find that app anywhere. What now?...
  9. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  10. certain songs won't play

certain songs won't play: how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-songs-wont-play/46e740f9-7175-4b2e-9c2e-a5e7a1571850