Windows 10: Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

Discus and support Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I suddenly have this problem, I am Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder videos. I can play any other video e.g. MKV MP4 etc etc......I tried VLC, 5K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

I suddenly have this problem, I am Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder videos. I can play any other video e.g. MKV MP4 etc etc......I tried VLC, 5K player, neither work, also burnt the folder to a dvd, but this refuses to play on my PC....the screen flickers then shows the desktop.....the burnt DVD plays fine in a standalone DVD player

any ideas please ?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 20, 2021

2. Unable to play DVD indicated to be VIDEO_TS

Windows Media Play could not play a video indicated to be VIDEO_TS. How can I play the video?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
    -from Xbox app on Windows 10

Michael Atoki, Mar 20, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    No DVD Burner in win10

I'm not familiar with the formatting of DVD video disks, but I doubt that just copying files will get you there.

video_ts is a folder, not a file. It contains the data files, including the video (.vob).

You may want to stick with a version that can burn the DVD without any additional steps.

bobkn, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

Issue Burning VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS to DVD on Windows 10

Issue Burning VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS to DVD on Windows 10

Tried to Burn VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, using DVD Burning native functionality from windows explorer on windows 10.

It works fine on pc, but does not play on regular DVD player, like XBox360, or panasonic DVD player.

Please advise on how to correct the issue.

Thanks

isi.carlos, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

1. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video - Similar Threads - Unable play DVDs

2. Unable to play videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play videos: I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-videos/14eb9a3c-6e6c-4819-b34c-076562c2ccc2
  3. Unable to play AV1 videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play AV1 videos: Hello, For the last couple of months I've been witnessing screen tearing/distortion I don't really know how to describe it, see image bellow on media images and videos online and on streams in apps like Discord. Online webm I've formatted the PC, updated video drivers,...
  4. playing DVDs'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  5. Will not allow DVDs to play

Will not allow DVDs to play: This unit will not play any type of DVD ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-allow-dvds-to-play/099acbae-fba0-455e-8a2d-58d64a2642cd
  6. Can't play DVDs

Can't play DVDs: I have a Dell Inspiron 3670/Windows 10 desktop computer. I cannot play DVDs with the Windows Media Player. No problem playing CDs. I don't get any error message. There is a small arrow at the bottom of the page with the message "retrieving media info" but the DVD never...
  7. Can't play old DVDs

Can't play old DVDs: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 3671 with Win 10. I tried using the DVD player, but the spindle hole is too small for my discs. What am I doing wrong? I would like to play/record on discs I have on hand....
  8. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  9. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  10. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...