Windows 10: Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I am Vian Khan. I am unable to play the games after i have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Windows 7 was best in gaming i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VianKhan, Jan 12, 2021.

1. VianKhan Win User

Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10

Hello Microsoft,

I am Vian Khan. I am unable to play the games after i have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Windows 7 was best in gaming i have ever experienced but after i got windows 10 games just not work. I tried to uninstall and then again install the game again but the problem doesn't get solved. I think so Windows 10 is not good at all for gaming after wasting so much of data in the games it feels really bad that you cannot play the game that we wanted to play. You must have made an popup to every windows 10 upgrader that the "Windows 10 is not suitable for gaming please upgrade on your risk for gaming" then we would not waste our data on the things that we can't do. I have even checked on microsoft website about the problems solutions and also tried them but still it isn't working .I have been really feeling bad about this thing. Please look into this problem kindly.

Thank You

:)

VianKhan, Jan 12, 2021

2. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to play steam games after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: I suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing the games in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Try the below mentioned steps and check if it helps:

• Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files and
      right click
      , then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let it install and then check the functionality.
    See for reference:

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Note: Link provided works for Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to play Steam games. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable play games

2. Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11: I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. It has completely ruined my gaming experience-- I can no longer play my favorite games.I was only able to play Dota 2 and League of Legends in the past by playing on borderless windowed mode and moving my taskbar all the way to the...
  3. Unable to play any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  4. Unable to play any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  5. Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play any DVDs after the upgrade from Windows 7.: Split from this thread. Since doing a Win 10 upgrade from Win 7, I'm unable to play any DVDs. I've done the update drivers, reinstall, uninstall, reboot etc, but still no fix. Please advise....
  6. Unable to play games after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play games after Windows update: My Hp-pc was updated from Windows 8.1(x64bit) to 10 (x64bit) but I am unable to install games with an error: isdone.dll(IsARCExtract). When I am playing direct play games which used to work in Windows 8.1, I get an error: 0xc000007b...
  7. Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not sleep after playing a game: Windows 10 will not shut down or go to sleep after playing Call of Duty WW2, or Battlefield 1 and 5. The grafts turns off, the keyboard and mouse stay lite, the fans stay running and there it sits for hours. Cannot get the graft back on no matter what you do to it, push the...
  8. Unable to play a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to play a game: When I play League of Legends, it will always log me off and say that a critical error has occurred, and tells me to submit this link C:\Users\zackb\AppData\Local\Temp\PKM31A5.tmp Thank you....
  9. unable to play any game in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to play any game in windows 10: I used to play game like Rise of the tomb raider ,WWE 2K15,Assassin creed Black Flag on windows 10 after reinstalling windows 10 new version I am unable to play any of those including other the game get install but not run Problem with Rise of the tomb raider it does...
  10. unable to play backwars compatible game on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to play backwars compatible game on windows 10: I have windows 10 and an xbox one with fallout 3 on it digitally. but I am unable to play this game on my pc . they wont even show up in my xbox library Moved from: Windows 10 / Microsoft Store...