Windows 10: Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

Discus and support Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app jIOrpgT0HzHDMkOMP9h-uSBVa3PkfVSC4CO4MXJVIWY.jpg

Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted below. Please Help!

https://preview.redd.it/6o5bjllyz67...bp&s=3ac62b8c3b13f691f888408006713bb66bed7eff

I've already installed HEVC Video extension from Device Manufacturer, VP9, AV1, MPEG-2 extensions from MS Store

submitted by /u/ashuraaz23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashuraaz23, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Kuloskap Win User

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Thanks, but - "Movies & TV" as it is now called is a Windows built-in App; it has a superior HEVC video codec which plays 4K h265 10-bit video more smoothly than latest VLC, Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic (aka, K-Lite).
    Unfortunately, the Movies & TV app gags on many audio formats - which ARE supported by those 3 other Apps. So - if I want sound with my HEVC movies, I have to put up with occasional freezes and dropped frames... OR - I may be forced to choose
    smooth playback - without sound! (Ms actually suggests using VLC to convert MKV to MP4, but it took 3+ hours on a reasonably fast laptop, to convert 1 movie & it was
    still was silent (in Movies & TV) after converting to MP4 file Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app :) < Grrr! >

(Btw, the MacOS version of VLC does play all of those 'problematic' 4K HEVC video files smoothly - with sound - and on a 6-year old Mac laptop.)

Kuloskap, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Movies & TV will not play mpg files on my Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play.mpg formats on Movies and TV app. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if the video formats that you are trying to play is supported by Movies and TV app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/file-formats-for-the-movies-tv-app

I would like to inform you that .mpg is not listed as the file format supported by Movies and TV app.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

DTS audio is not playing on Movies&Tv

Hi Abdul,

A DTS audio file format is not supported by the Movies&Tv app which is why you're unable to play it. To better assist you, we suggest that you visit this

link
    . From there you'll see all of the file formats being supported by the Movies&Tv app.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

1. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app - Similar Threads - Unable play hevc

2. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  3. [HELP] Can’t play HEVC with Windows 10 movies app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Can’t play HEVC with Windows 10 movies app: It used to play them but all of a sudden it stopped working I tried removing the package then installing the one from that windows package archive site, it worked but was stuttering like 3 fps I’ve fixed it before now it doesn’t work help submitted by /u/rotiserrie25...
  4. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  5. No audio when playing HEVC videos using Windows Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio when playing HEVC videos using Windows Movies & TV: I own a laptop capable of decoding HEVC (i7-8550U, MX150) . I have HEVC Video Extensions from Microsoft store installed. Movies & TV is able to decode x265 images, but no audio. Does anyone know how to fix this (I know I can switch to VLC or other program, but I would love to...
  6. How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?: Can you suggest a way to play old AVI files. I have some restrictions so I need only native Windows 10 apps - for instance Movies & TV app. Thank you....
  7. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077: Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error...
  8. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.: I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4....
  9. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  10. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ive installed hevc codecs but my movies and tv still dont play x265 video

2. windows movie and tv not playing h265

3. windows movies and tv supported audio formats

4. microsoft films and tv hevc codex download,
  5. TV HEVC Microsoft extensions,
  6. unable to play videos on films and tv