Windows 10: Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

Discus and support Unable to play minecraft even though purchased in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by loolooTB, Aug 1, 2022.

1. loolooTB Win User

Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy java and bedrock edition or play the free trial.

:)

loolooTB, Aug 1, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to install Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “when I click "Install/Play" nothing happens” which Install/play button are you referring?
    • From where did you purchase Minecraft Starter Edition?
    • For which platform have you purchased the game i.e. for Windows 10 or Xbox?

If you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, you can download the game from Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type
      Microsoft Store
    2. Double click on the Store Icon to open it.
    3. Sign in with the same Microsoft account through which you have made the purchase.
    4. Click on Search bar on the top right corner and search for
      Minecraft Starter Edition.
    5. Click on Install button to install the game. Once the game is installed, you will find the option to launch it. Click on
      Launch to launch the game.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2022
  3. ShawnMc1 Win User
    Unable to play Minecraft after replacing my motherboard and CPU.

I'm unable to play Minecraft after replacing my motherboard and CPU. I'm logged into my Microsoft account, but when I try to open Minecraft I receive a popup that says I'm unable to sign in and it gives me an error code of 0x803f8001. Any suggestions?

ShawnMc1, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to play Minecraft game

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and Display driver updates?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Is he issue specific to Minecraft?

Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the below article and try the mentioned troubleshooting methods. Check if that helps:

Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10

Xbox Support

Method 2: Update Display driver and check if you are able to play game.

You may also refer to the below link byAndre De Costa
    for information on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Do let us know if you are able to play Minecraft game. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased - Similar Threads - Unable play minecraft

2. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed: Even though minecraft has been allowed by me parent it still won't let me access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-feautures-wont-allow-me-to-play/bc440ef5-45e2-447f-96f2-d59d38796498
  3. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed: Even though minecraft has been allowed by me parent it still won't let me access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-feautures-wont-allow-me-to-play/bc440ef5-45e2-447f-96f2-d59d38796498
  4. why cant i play Minecraft even though parental controls are Deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i play Minecraft even though parental controls are Deactivated: My friends and i are curently trying to make a server, but somehow, i cannot play Online within minecraft. my father completly shut down parental controls, and i have tried everything, from restarting my computer to reinstalling minecraft, yet somehow, it still tells me that...
  5. why cant i play Minecraft even though parental controls are Deactivated

why cant i play Minecraft even though parental controls are Deactivated: My friends and i are curently trying to make a server, but somehow, i cannot play Online within minecraft. my father completly shut down parental controls, and i have tried everything, from restarting my computer to reinstalling minecraft, yet somehow, it still tells me that...
  6. I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.: I tried everything but I still get "Not sure why you cant play the full game? If you are playing Minecraft for Windows through Family Sharing, you may not be able to access Minecraft Java edition without buying it on this account." error in Minecraft. I bought Java &...
  7. I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.

I can't play Minecraft Java even though i bought it.: I tried everything but I still get "Not sure why you cant play the full game? If you are playing Minecraft for Windows through Family Sharing, you may not be able to access Minecraft Java edition without buying it on this account." error in Minecraft. I bought Java &...
  8. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  9. Can't Install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition even though I already purchased it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition even though I already purchased it: Hello, I have previously purchased and played Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my PC. I was experiencing trouble with the game, so I uninstalled it. When I returned to the Microsoft Store to re-install it, it says I have not purchased the game. When I check my library, it...
  10. Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store: I purchased Minecraft through the Oculus store for $26.99 and am only able to play the VR version and not the Desktop version. Oculus Support told me that not being able to activate the Desktop version is a question for Microsoft Support, so here I am! I can open and play...