Windows 10: Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store

Discus and support Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft through the Oculus store for $26.99 and am only able to play the VR version and not the Desktop version. Oculus Support told me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by alpacalantern0, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store

I purchased Minecraft through the Oculus store for $26.99 and am only able to play the VR version and not the Desktop version. Oculus Support told me that not being able to activate the Desktop version is a question for Microsoft Support, so here I am!

I can open and play the full game in VR on the Oculus Rift but when I open the desktop version it gives me the "unlock full game" button and sends me to the MS store page with the "buy to own" button.

Any advice on how to activate the desktop version? Oculus Support told me that Minecraft VR also gives me a license for the desktop app in the MS store. I hate to have to use VR to play this game every time!

I am logged into a Microsoft account on my PC, and when I play the game in VR it uses my Xbox gamertag.

:)

alpacalantern0, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is Coming to Oculus Rift

Source: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is Coming to Oculus Rift | Blogging Windows

Brink, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Stores Now Offering Minecraft VR Demos on Oculus Rift

Source: Microsoft Stores Now Offering Minecraft VR Demos on Oculus Rift - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store

Unable to purchase app in store

Hello Nraina thank you for posting.

Here are some suggestions you can try in order to solve this issue.

• I would suggest you log with your Microsoft Account on
      https://account.live.com make sure your birth date, time&date and the time zone are correct.

• If you are having this issue on your Windows Phone, please check the time and date on the phone as well (<<settings <<time&date) and set them on manual.

• Please also log with the same Microsoft account to
      http://www.xbox.com
      and make sure you have created you Gamertag.

• As a last step, please just do a soft reset of the phone (if the issues are on you r Windows Phone)
    Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 20 seconds, until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, release the buttons and the phone should restart.

Here is another forum posting that might be helpful.

Unable to Purchase an App in Windows Store

Kind Regards

Vladimir Mi, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store

1. Unable to play Minecraft in desktop mode after purchasing via Oculus Store - Similar Threads - Unable play Minecraft

2. Purchased Minecraft but will only let me play in demo mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft but will only let me play in demo mode: Absolute amateurism on the part of Microsoft and Mojang. I bought Bendrock. I bought Java as a standalone license. I bought both licenses for my kids and I bought the mobile versions. It worked for a few months, but today...When you try to ligin "can't log in" you can buy the...
  3. Purchased Minecraft but will only let me play in demo mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Minecraft but will only let me play in demo mode: Absolute amateurism on the part of Microsoft and Mojang. I bought Bendrock. I bought Java as a standalone license. I bought both licenses for my kids and I bought the mobile versions. It worked for a few months, but today...When you try to ligin "can't log in" you can buy the...
  4. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  5. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  6. Unable to install Minecraft bedrock after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft bedrock after purchase: I purchased Minecraft Bedrock for my son but cannot install it.I used my Microsoft account but he is in my Microsoft family.We added his device to his account but it doesn’t appear on the device list in order for us to install it.Any other suggestions?...
  7. Unable to see a Minecraft texture pack after purchasing it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to see a Minecraft texture pack after purchasing it: Hi there, I purchased a Minecraft texture pack and entered my credit card info and was charged but I do not see this texture pack in the game anywhere. I don't want to try and buy it again. How do I either get refunded or get it to work? Windows 10 Minecraft. Thanks,...
  8. i am unable to install minecraft after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to install minecraft after purchase: I AM UNABLE YO INSTALL MINECRAFT WINDOWS 10 GAME. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-install-minecraft-after-purchase/23907c4a-7b26-4dba-a374-0a88ba647689
  9. Unable to play Adera episodes after purchasing

Unable to play Adera episodes after purchasing: Hi there, I'd installed Adera on my new laptop. However it let me download 1st episode since it was free and it shows other episodes available for purchase. I bought episodes 2, 3 and 4 right after when they were available, still shows in my purchase history. Please advice...
  10. Minecraft crashes after purchasing coins in the store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crashes after purchasing coins in the store.: I purchased coins in-game and the game crashed after the purchase went through. Now it crashes everytime I launch it right after the initial loading screen. It shows the start/play screen then freezes and crashes about 2 seconds later. I have tried all of these steps, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oculus minecraft desktop mode

2. i purchased minecraft through oculus but want to play desktop

3. how to start oculus minecraft in desktop mode