Windows 10: Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings

Discus and support Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I’ve tried time and time again to make an online multiplayer world, but it says I can’t do that due to “how my account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GrouchyGull9940, May 27, 2019.

1. Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings

Split from this thread.​

I’ve tried time and time again to make an online multiplayer world, but it says I can’t do that due to “how my account is set up.” I’ve checked my privacy settings so many times, and everything is set to allow under Xbox One/Windows 10 Privacy Settings. I’ve tried closing out Minecraft, i’ve tried logging out and logging back in, i’ve tried rebooting the console, but nothing works.​

:)

GrouchyGull9940, May 27, 2019
  2. John W_17 Win User

Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10

When I try to accept a new realm membership from a friend on Minecraft Windows 10, it says I "cannot play online multiplayer through xbox live because of how my account is set up." So I went online and changed my settings to allow me to play online, went
    back to minecraft, and got the same error. I have tried rebooting, refreshing and closing then reopening Minecraft.

Please help!

John W_17, May 27, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    i can't play multiplayer in minecraft windows edition

Hi BASSWAGON,

Normally, multiplayer gaming requires you to have an internet connection so that you will be able to connect to the game server and play with your friends. If WiFi connection is not available for you, I suggest that you connect your computer to a phone hotspot
    as a workaround. In this way, you will be able to connect to the Minecraft servers and be able to play together with your friend.

Let us know if you need clarification. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, May 27, 2019
  4. Joel Vogt Win User

Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hello! I am having the same problem with Minecraft, and my child's account is already set up to allow join multiplayer games, but I get the same error message that the person above is getting. Nothing I do helps.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel Vogt, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings

1. Unable to play Minecraft online. Says I need to check my multiplayer settings - Similar Threads - Unable play Minecraft

2. Minecraft achievements and multiplayer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft achievements and multiplayer.: Hello, achievements in the Windows 10 version of Minecraft do not work. I tried "wsreset", reinstall the application and nothing works. My friend is not allowed to join my game, his character appears but he does not see anything in the game and in the end he gives connection...
  3. Unable to play/sign into Minecraft on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play/sign into Minecraft on Windows 10: Hello, I tried to play Minecraft yesterday and it says that I have a trial version. I assume this is because I am not properly signed in. I have owned the full game for several years. There is a "Sign in" button on the main screen but it does not allow me to sign...
  4. I need to change the status of my printer to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to change the status of my printer to online: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. I've searched the Community and have found loads of threads with no answer so I'm hoping that I'll...
  5. Multiplayer in Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiplayer in Minecraft: Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but I am trying to play in one of my worlds with a friend. The issue is that it constantly kicks him off at random times and then he doesn't show up on my friends' list. He is on Xbox One and I am in Windows 10. Do you think this is a cross...
  6. I played online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I played online games: online games until I accidently hit PLAY OFFLINE GAMES and now I cant get back to play games online with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-played-online-games/955e6f3b-0785-4d46-b28d-082a1140a3bb
  7. Unable to play Xbox360 online.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to play Xbox360 online.: Network,Internet and Xbox live show o.k.,but Service alert shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-xbox360-online/df18b43b-f8c2-480e-a7f4-fe876a0dd1b4
  8. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings": Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to play a total of 4 or so hours over a two-three day period, the first day was fine, the second day I couldn't sign in, after...
  9. i can't play multiplayer in minecraft windows edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't play multiplayer in minecraft windows edition: im trying to connect to my friend or another servers, but its says i need wifi for that but i don't have wifi and friend not from my city....
  10. Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10: When I try to accept a new realm membership from a friend on Minecraft Windows 10, it says I "cannot play online multiplayer through xbox live because of how my account is set up." So I went online and changed my settings to allow me to play online, went back to minecraft,...