Windows 10: Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time

Discus and support Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever i am playing a video on youtube together with another video from another page or application, the sound will stop playing on either one. If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matiar tan, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time

Whenever i am playing a video on youtube together with another video from another page or application, the sound will stop playing on either one. If i am using zoom or whatsapp call or even discord on one end and the other end i am using netflix or youtube video, the sound on whatsapp call or zoom or discord will suddenly be unavailabe

:)

Matiar tan, Apr 10, 2021

2. Unable to play sound in Windows 10

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel

• Click on the Sound icon.

• Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.

• You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.

• Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.

• Click OK to close the Sound window.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.

• Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    I suggest you to run the hardware and sound troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.

• In the new window, click
      Hardware and Sound

• In the list of options, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 10, 2021
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time

16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

Hello all,

I have a 16bit programme that is very important to us and is in use in multiple locations. Normally we use Windows XP but recently many clients want to upgrade to Windows 10. We have found that the programme works well on Windows 10 32Bit using NTVDM, but it is unable to "see" any shared printers. That is to say, the printers can be seen in the Command Prompt using NETVIEW and the printers are listed as we would expect, but they cannot be seen by the 16Bit programme.

I'm hoping that this might be a problem that somebody else has already resolved somehow. All thoughts and suggestions welcomed Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time :)

Cheers, James

JamesChubb, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time

1. Unable to play multiple programme sound at the same time - Similar Threads - Unable play multiple

2. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple errors occured at the same time.: There was an error that occured yesterday where it showed me a blue screen and said to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode/ and the error was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" then I did some of the steps since I can't even log in my pin because it kept on doing that. Since it was...
  3. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple errors occured at the same time.: There was an error that occured yesterday where it showed me a blue screen and said to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode/ and the error was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" then I did some of the steps since I can't even log in my pin because it kept on doing that. Since it was...
  4. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Same device appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same device appearing multiple times: I have recently installed a new Philips 43PUS8555/12 smart TV which is connected to my router via 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi. My desktop PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable and when I look at the Devices and Printers / Multimedia Devices area I see the 43PUS8555/12 listed 44...
  6. Open multiple files at the same time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  7. Unable to Play Sounds

Unable to Play Sounds: Today when I fired up my pc it was showing a red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar when I clicked on it it started Troubleshooter but troubleshooter couldn't help me when I open playback devices it is showing my Speakers and when I clicked test nothing happens I tried...
  8. Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!

Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!: I just found that my laptop played the sound of people talking or TV or any other sound made around it!It seems that it had recorded and played it at the same time!Whenever there is a sound around it,it just plays it automatically right away!!Even when i was typing,it could...
  9. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  10. Searching for a Sandbox Programme for Opening Multiple Programmes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for a Sandbox Programme for Opening Multiple Programmes: Hello, I'm looking for a sandbox programme for Windows 10 and I hope somebody can help me. Important: It should be able to run more than 1 sandbox at a time - like Sandboxie, but free of charge. If anybody knows of such an app in which you are able to open more than one...