Windows 10: Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Discus and support Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan Deleon, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar.

The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4. From what I've seen, MP4 is the normal format for recordings like these, so why cant I play it?

***Modified Title from: Game Bar and Movies & TV***

:)

Ethan Deleon, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Jeddie Win User

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Hello all,
    Running Ver 1607;
    As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player.

When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI files play ok.

If I play any MP4 from my media player (windows share), it plays normally.

If I play any MP4 using WMP it plays normally.

I have run Defender and Malwarebytes (free) just to be sure and they both come up clear of any nasties.

Have I somehow got a corrupt MP4 codec in 'Movies & TV'? Is this possible?

How would I rectify this? Prefer to stay with 'Movies & TV'.

Jeddie, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, Jun 13, 2019
  4. DougRice1 Win User

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Movies & Tv app stopped playing my mp4 movies

When I try an play any Mp4 movie in the Movies & Tv app it attempts to play, gives the movie details like running time but will not play and closes the app. It was working fine. Restarted the computer several times.

DougRice1, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

1. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app. - Similar Threads - Unable play recordings

2. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  3. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  4. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  5. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  6. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  7. How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?: Can you suggest a way to play old AVI files. I have some restrictions so I need only native Windows 10 apps - for instance Movies & TV app. Thank you....
  8. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app: [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted...
  9. Game Bar and Movies & TV

Game Bar and Movies & TV: I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4....
  10. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mp4 Running Game