Windows 10: Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Discus and support Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan Deleon, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:17 AM.

1. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar.

The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4. From what I've seen, MP4 is the normal format for recordings like these, so why cant I play it?

***Modified Title from: Game Bar and Movies & TV***

:)

Ethan Deleon, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:17 AM
  2. Jeddie Win User

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Hello all,
    Running Ver 1607;
    As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player.

When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI files play ok.

If I play any MP4 from my media player (windows share), it plays normally.

If I play any MP4 using WMP it plays normally.

I have run Defender and Malwarebytes (free) just to be sure and they both come up clear of any nasties.

Have I somehow got a corrupt MP4 codec in 'Movies & TV'? Is this possible?

How would I rectify this? Prefer to stay with 'Movies & TV'.

3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

4. DougRice1 Win User

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Movies & Tv app stopped playing my mp4 movies

When I try an play any Mp4 movie in the Movies & Tv app it attempts to play, gives the movie details like running time but will not play and closes the app. It was working fine. Restarted the computer several times.

Thema:

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

1. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app. - Similar Threads - Unable play recordings

2. Game Bar and Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar and Movies & TV: I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4....
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  4. Movies & TV App

Movies & TV App: Every video now defaults to the windows movie and tv app. I want to select where I want the videos to go so I can email videos and post them on social media. I have tried to delete the app with no success. Any suggestions? I did not change my settings for videos to default...
  5. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  6. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  7. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: A video I created on another program got moved to Movies and TV and I can't get it back to my desktop to edit it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-and-tv-app/fc1e5870-c8b9-4908-be76-d0789d732ebd
  8. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...
  9. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...
  10. Unable to play MP4 file....?

Unable to play MP4 file....?: Hi For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not come across before. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not...