Windows 10: Unable to play sound through external speaker

Discus and support Unable to play sound through external speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a pair of Mackie CR3 speakers that have been working fantastic. However, ever since I bought a new monitor I haven't been able to get sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TylerBurstall, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Unable to play sound through external speaker

Hi, I have a pair of Mackie CR3 speakers that have been working fantastic. However, ever since I bought a new monitor I haven't been able to get sound out of them. I've tried enabling, disabling playback devices, setting as default, uninstalling in device manager and rebooting, and trying to update drivers but to no avail.

I used an HDMI cable to connect to my previous monitor and connected the 3.5mm jack from my Mackie speakers to that monitor as well when the sound worked.

With my current monitor, I am connected using Display Port and have tried plugging in the 3.5mm jack from my Mackie speakers to monitor and PC but never get sound.

I don't know what else to try.

:)

TylerBurstall, Jul 3, 2019
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jul 3, 2019
  3. The sound by default went to headphone mode and unable to play sound through speakers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the sound by default went to headphone mode and you are unable to use the speakers as the sound output. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to change in the sound settings.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run playing audio troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

If the issue still persists,

Go to Start, enter Sound, and select
    Sound Control Panel
    from the list of results.

On the Playback tab, right-click on the headphones and choose
    disable and now right click on speakers and choose enable and check if that works.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad

to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Unable to play sound through external speaker

No sound from external speakers

Hi,

It can be an outdated or faulty driver that is causing your external speaker not to work. For us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the external speaker detected in the Device Manager?
    • Is there any error messages that you are getting?
    • Have you tried connecting the speaker to another device?

You can visit this
    link
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10. If the error still occurs, we also suggest that you download the troubleshooter and run it from this link: Fix
    sound problems

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play sound through external speaker

1. Unable to play sound through external speaker - Similar Threads - Unable play sound

2. Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.: I can only hear audio through the internal speakers but not headphones, All the headphones work on other devices. The headphones appear as a sound output device. If I run the troubleshooter, sound is restored to the headphones for a few minutes but then the problem recurs....
  3. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  4. no sound external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  5. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  6. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  7. Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers: My Bluetooth earbuds are powered on, paired and connected, but sound is still coming through speakers, not through earbuds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-connected-but-sound-still-plays-through/87f9fd2b-9923-4f53-bea8-93a8cd9dc089
  8. Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.

Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.: I have recently develped an issue.I cannot play video game sounds through my laptop speaker.Other sounds such as music,movies and notifications work just fine.Its just the game sounds.So i assumed it was some kind of driver issue so i checked realtek and intel audio drivers...
  9. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  10. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to play sound through speakers