Windows 10: Unable to play video and audio files

Discus and support Unable to play video and audio files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VTB_1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. VTB_1 Win User

Unable to play video and audio files

For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC.

When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though.

Also when in file explorer, and I move some file around, delete, or create a new folder, I have to hit refresh before the change becomes visible - in the past it would happen right away.

:)

VTB_1, Jun 12, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Unable to play audio and video files

I am facing this issue from yesterday ii am trying to play audio and video files but not working even youtube videos also not playing

HannanShaikh, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Unable to play video and audio files

Audio And Videos files are not playing, not even youtube or any **** videos.

Hi Tista,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your audio and video files can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, driver issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps that you've taken besides running the audio troubleshooter? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to play video and audio files

1. Unable to play video and audio files - Similar Threads - Unable play video

2. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  3. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  4. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  5. Audio play back with video

Audio play back with video: I have recorded a series of videos using window 10 camera and a Samson mic. When I play it back I can see the video and in the sound settings I can see the audio signal I just can't hear it. When I play a You Tube video I can see the volume signal in Sound settings I just...
  6. Unable to play audio in my laptop.

Unable to play audio in my laptop.: Hello, When I try to play a sound track it gives distorted output or says cannot find the audio device. I tried troubleshooting and updating the sound drivers. But still the problem persists. Kindly help me to fix my sound problem ASAP. Thank you C.Krishnasri...
  7. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  8. audio won't play from audio or video files

audio won't play from audio or video files: This was working. I could play any video or audio file using VLC, Windows Media Player, whatever. Audio plays from the web on Chrome or Firefox then the files stopped playing audio. MP3 files or any video file-MP4 AVI MOV, etc. I updated my video card from a GTX 560 to a GTX...
  9. audio but no video when playing dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....
  10. Mp4 video unable to play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...