Windows 10: Unable to play videos

Discus and support Unable to play videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by burley_feest, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Unable to play videos

I don’t know why and when the issue occurred. But now I can't play video files

:)

burley_feest, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

Unable to play videos in Windows 10

We suggest uninstalling the display adapter driver that might have caused the video not to play. You can follow the steps provided by Deepak_Krishnan R on this
    Unable to play video/youtube/media player which was found helpful resolving the issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 29, 2020
  4. ahlun82 Win User

Unable to play videos

Mp4 video unable to play

Hi, everyone.
    I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player.
    I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same.

Unable to play videos [​IMG]

This video still have the file size, but it just unable to play.

Thanks and regards
    Clarence Lim

ahlun82, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to play videos

1. Unable to play videos - Similar Threads - Unable play videos

2. Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder video: I suddenly have this problem, I am Unable to play DVDs or video_ts folder videos. I can play any other video e.g. MKV MP4 etc etc......I tried VLC, 5K player, neither work, also burnt the folder to a dvd, but this refuses to play on my PC....the screen flickers then shows the...
  3. Unable to play 10-bit MP4 video files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play 10-bit MP4 video files: I recorded video with a Canon R6 in 10-bit C-Log for the first time. Prior to this, I always recorded in 8-bit without a problem. Windows 10 does not recognize the files and I am unable to properly import them to my editing app DaVinci Resolve 16. Explorer does not display...
  4. Unable to play AV1 videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play AV1 videos: Hello, For the last couple of months I've been witnessing screen tearing/distortion I don't really know how to describe it, see image bellow on media images and videos online and on streams in apps like Discord. Online webm I've formatted the PC, updated video drivers,...
  5. Unable to play an exported video project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play an exported video project: When I export my video project I am unable to play the video. When I try to open the video in movies & tv I get his message: "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt" The video...
  6. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...
  7. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  8. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  9. Unable to play a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play a video: Hi Can you assist me the following issue? Any quick fix i can do so that can play again the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-a-video/94f828fc-2bcc-4322-b637-845df50a28cc
  10. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...