Windows 10: Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd

Discus and support Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just pre ordered the new Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Microsoft Store but when I try to pre-download it I can't seem to find my external ssd in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RakanTotah, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd

I just pre ordered the new Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Microsoft Store but when I try to pre-download it I can't seem to find my external ssd in the drop down menu. I chatted with Microsoft customer support and they told me to wait until after the game is released to download it. I just wanted to hear what the community would say about this situation. If anyone is wondering, I have selected my external ssd as my default drive for new content in all fields. If any of you can assist me in combating this issue your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

RakanTotah, Aug 10, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd

Microsoft flight simulator x standard version

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to hear that you have lost Flight simulator CDs. Let me assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below to download Microsoft flight simulator x and follow the steps to install in your PC.

Refer:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11740

Follow the steps below on how to install Microsoft flight simulator xin compatibility mode:

1. Download the Microsoft flight simulator xfrom the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Microsoft flight simulator xinstall and then check the functionality.

You may also refer the link below to know the system requirements for
    Microsoft flight simulator x

Flight Simulator X: Minimum System Requirements.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/925724

Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd

1. Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd - Similar Threads - Unable pre download

2. Download Flight Simulator. NOT INSTALL IT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Flight Simulator. NOT INSTALL IT.: I do not have access to "Microsoft Store." It is blocked. I need to be able to simply download the software and run it. This must be possible, correct? I can't possibly be tied to something so proprietary and ridiculous?? I need to run this software on a powerful computer...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Will not download!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Will not download!: I want to install MSFS On my computer but, it says there is not enough space on my disk. I have like 130 Gigs available and the download is 120 Gigs. Can someone help me? I am new to the MSFS Community : I would love to be apart of it!...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020 Unable To Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020 Unable To Download: i’m a FSX ex game player, for about ten years and have downloaded many addons with no problems with my basic computer knowledge and decided to purchase the latest flightsim what the hell is this Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020 download ?, i press the install button and one...
  5. Flight Simulator download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight Simulator download: In 14 hours I managed to download 61 gb, 55 missing. I have a 48/50 Mps connection... Two questions: 1 It's saturday 9/19, 2:00 o'clock AM, any hope to play the game Sunday? 2 Given that I was playing with satisfaction with Patch 1 and all these issues started because I...
  6. flight Simulator 2020 download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    flight Simulator 2020 download: how do I download flight simulator 2020 on my second computer listed with Microsoft using product key. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-2020-download/7fd8ea8a-758f-42c6-8ec9-eb7aacc1be07
  7. Flight Simulator Download

Flight Simulator Download: I have bought flight simulator 2020, have a 200MBPS internet connection, an ACER NITRO 5, and cant seem to stop having to restart my download of data. I have adjusted my command prompt download, restarted, and still have issues with it stopping every 800 MB. Files stop...
  8. Unable to install Pre order flight simulator 2020

Unable to install Pre order flight simulator 2020: The sim starts to download to my 1TB SSD which is formatted in NTFS but after a couple of seconds it shows Program Files & WindowsApps folders with nothing in them. My PC has the latest updates on it and all the store apps including the game bar are up to date. I have a...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Pre Order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Pre Order: Hi If I have pre-ordered Microsoft Flight Simulator from Microsoft can this be changed to the physical copy. I live in Europe so how do I change the order from download to a physical copy. Thank you...
  10. Flight Simulator X download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator X download: Hi all, Looking to download a legit free version of flight sim X directly from Microsoft, on my gaming laptop. You tube and simple searches not helpful. I guess the bottom line questions are: A is there a decent free version available, that is truly free with no...