Windows 10: Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

Discus and support Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItzJosh16, Oct 4, 2020.

1. ItzJosh16 Win User

Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet nothing has worked. I can only use the key if i hold the shift key down and change the size through pressing the Caps Lock key. Can anyone help me?

:)

ItzJosh16, Oct 4, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?

Hi Pinakel, welcome to the Ten Forums.

The SHIFT, FN, CTRL, WIN and ALT keys in on-screen keyboard stick when selected; you can for instance click the SHIFT key which then waits another key to be pressed, and thereafter click the END key. This sends the system the SHIFT + END key combination, as in this screenshot:

Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key. [​IMG]

Kari, Oct 4, 2020
  4. pinakel Win User

Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?

Thanks Kari,

but my cheap Chinese win 10 tab not supported this. I try several time. may be its software or touch screen issue. I contact with the seller. hope it replace my tab

thanks again

pinakel, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key. - Similar Threads - Unable press 'C'

2. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  3. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  4. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  6. Unable to press the 'c' key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to press the 'c' key.: Hello, I am Mathew and as of currently I've stumbled upon a problem with my keyboard.I've been typing a lot of words recently, but suddenly my c key has been going weird and problematic a lot of times.I'm pretty sure I don't necessarily need to verify this issue using an...
  7. Unable to press the 'c' key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to press the 'c' key.: Hello, I am Mathew and as of currently I've stumbled upon a problem with my keyboard.I've been typing a lot of words recently, but suddenly my c key has been going weird and problematic a lot of times.I'm pretty sure I don't necessarily need to verify this issue using an...
  8. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  9. KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD

KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD: Hello, I am experiencing an issue wHere my "H" key only works while pressing shift. Even the on-screen touch keyboard only inputs H if I first press the shift key. CAPS Lock enables me to type H in lowercase but the shift key must still be held down. Please help I'm a...
  10. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys: Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock presses W and caps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to press keyboard

2. i cannot press c