Windows 10: Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

Discus and support Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've a brand new Windows 10 laptop Dell I'm looking for a way to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. I'm read some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AA2021, Mar 26, 2021.

1. AA2021 Win User

Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

Hi,

I've a brand new Windows 10 laptop Dell

I'm looking for a way to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

I'm read some articles on the same, which are suggesting to navigate to device manager and then use the Power Management tab to disable this setting.

However I don't see the Power management tab for the "Mice and other pointing devices".

Would appreciate any pointers to help resolve the issue.

Thanks

:)

AA2021, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. [​IMG]

Chadi, Mar 26, 2021
  3. gsoClarke Win User
    Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?

I'm giving this a go. The idea is that the computer is turning off power to the USB root hub when it sleeps, to save power, thus preventing a USB keyboard/mouse from communicating with the system, e.g., waking it up. Won't know until tomorrow if it works.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-t...ff-usb-device/

Next day follow up: No, this did not work. The usb keyboard/mouse would not wake up the laptop this morning. Any ideas out there?

gsoClarke, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

1. Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. - Similar Threads - Unable prevent USB

2. Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep: Started about a week ago, my computer stopped waking up from sleep. Whenever I uses mouse, keyboard, or the power button to "wake" it up, the fan revvs up for a couple of seconds, but then it dies down, and the power LED remains blinking and the screen remains black. Nothing...
  3. Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep: Started about a week ago, my computer stopped waking up from sleep. Whenever I uses mouse, keyboard, or the power button to "wake" it up, the fan revvs up for a couple of seconds, but then it dies down, and the power LED remains blinking and the screen remains black. Nothing...
  4. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  5. WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep: My Zephyrus G15 laptop is about 2 months old now, and yesterday, I activated WSL2Windows Subsystem for Linux and installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store. Immediately after, I installed ROS, CUDA toolkit 11.1, KDE desktop and xrdp, and also VcXsrv. Now, everything works fine...
  6. Is it possible to prevent a usb mouse from waking up my laptop in Windows 10?

Is it possible to prevent a usb mouse from waking up my laptop in Windows 10?: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop, normally I use it on my desk plugged in, with my mouse plugged into it via a USB C to USB A hub. My mouse is pretty sensitive which means that if I close my laptop and leave it, sometimes even a loud sound can move my mouse enough to wake up...
  7. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  8. How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties: Win 10 system, I'm trying to prevent the mouse from waking the PC from sleep since bumping into my desk is sufficient to move the mouse and thus wake up the PC, which is very annoying. Mouse is a Logitech wireless mouse that uses a Logitech unifying receiver. I used this...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC: In the Device Manager I went to Mice and other pointing devices > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management > Allow this device to wake the computer, and unchecked it. But still the mouse wakes up the laptop from sleep. Why? 40821