Windows 10: Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update.

Discus and support Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of January 2019 I am no longer able to preview CR2 Files on my HP Envy Laptop. Is this an issue Microsoft is working on? I see a lot of people are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bodemer, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bodemer Win User

Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update.

As of January 2019 I am no longer able to preview CR2 Files on my HP Envy Laptop. Is this an issue Microsoft is working on? I see a lot of people are having this issue. I can see them in Lightroom and Photoshop but am unable to preview in Windows prior to uploading which is very inconvenient. This is not a corrupt file as I have no issue uploading into Lightroom and this is not a Canon issue. Please advise. Thank you.

:)

Bodemer, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. .CR2 raw files not opening

Hi,

We may open .cr2 files using the Photo file. We need additional information to help resolve your concern. Are you getting any error message when opening a .cr2 file format? If yes, we recommend setting a default program to open the file. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Locate .cr2, then select Photos as the default app.

Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update. 422ce918-8282-47eb-9d60-3d2b2c75bdad?upload=true.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update.

Thumbnail preview of raw .CR2 files in File Explorer missing

Hi, not sure when this started, but in File Explorer I cannot see anymore the thumbnails preview of my raw .CR2 files.

All I can see are generic icons.

All is fine with JPGs.

I have checked all related options, run sfc and dism, cleared cache and whatsoever (I am a computer science engineer, so I know what I'm doing), all to no avail.

Thing is that if I click on a folder containing .CR2 files, I can see the icon being quickly refreshed to show the thumbnails but then they suddenly go back to standard icons. Sometimes, but not always, some folders display only one or two thumbnails.

If I enable the preview pane and I click on a CR2 file, nothing is shown.

If I double click on a CR2 files, it is correctly opened in Photos, although it takes a while for the image to be shown sharply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GiovanniStoto, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update.

1. Unable to preview new CR2 Files in Windows 10 after newest update. - Similar Threads - Unable preview CR2

2. CR2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 files: My HP computer wont accept my CR2 files from my canon 5 camera now yet it worked a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/642fec26-8db2-4fb0-829f-3f9d782b1830
  3. Windows 10 newest update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 newest update!!!: This new update has shut down my letter "m" and is messing everything up onmy computer. What can I do to stop this. I have to keep uninstalling it and it keeps happening. HELP!!!! I read a while ago that it messes up Lenovo brand computers and im not sure what to do. This is...
  4. Cr2 Files recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cr2 Files recovery: Hi all. I'm having a problem with my CR2 files. To summarize my issue briefly, I went on a trip last year to Australia and took around 500 photos using a school camera. I then uploaded them from the camera to my student Onedrive account, on a school-owned computer. Since I...
  5. Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera: I have taken some RAW images on a Canon EOS 60 D and also large JPEG images. I can transfer the JPEG files but not the CR2 files onto my desktop. A message appears indicating there was an error. This appears for all CR2 files. The CR2 files appear correctly on the camera....
  6. Task-bar with the newest Windows 10 insider preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task-bar with the newest Windows 10 insider preview: Hey all Having a rather, what I consider, a problem I've never had before. I have this last pass icon on my taskbar that doesn't give me the option to unpin the sucker. I right-click on the icon that's on the taskbar and it gives me the option to pin but not to unpin. It...
  7. Windows bug: explorer.exe crashing after "previewing" Canon CR2 files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows bug: explorer.exe crashing after "previewing" Canon CR2 files.: I've found a few others online with the same problem, but no solution. Explorer.exe will crash after browsing a folder with Canon RAW *.cr2 files, if either the Preview or Details pane is on, and if i click on a file. i'm diving in and out of folders, i click one to then...
  8. Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails: I recently purchased a new PC. It does not display thumbnails for CR2 files at all but all other image files work normally. Checked all folder settings and they are correct. Tried to install Codec pack for 64 bit but it says not available for this version of Windows. I have...
  9. cr2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cr2 files: Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/bc201e05-f1f1-4c80-9ade-9421c32fc382
  10. windows 10 newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 newest update: how do install it and where can I download it from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-newest-update/d82903c5-f0e4-4fda-ab59-c7bfff840301

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to preview cr2 files