Windows 10: unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

Discus and support unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 11 ThinkPad. I can preview almost any file type in windows folder.However, I am unable to preview PDF files in the windows 11 file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leng U Tseng, Mar 20, 2023.

1. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

I have a Windows 11 ThinkPad. I can preview almost any file type in windows folder.However, I am unable to preview PDF files in the windows 11 file folder.Please help me fix this problem. Thank you. Alfred

:)

Leng U Tseng, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Eric Ber Win User

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 20, 2023
  3. B.M.76 Win User
    File explorer: PDF's preview showing "INDEX OF" in network folders

Hi,

This issue started today at work on several computers on both Windows 11 and Windows 10. Could it be related to a recent Windows update?

Pdf files (and only PDF's) previews aren't working in any network folders, Instead of showing the file preview it shows "INDEX OF:"

Previews work normally for excel, word, etc.

Weird stuff.

B.M.76, Mar 20, 2023
  4. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

Preview in File Explorer with Edge

Hello, Babak38.

To do this follow the steps below.

• Press WINDOWS + i on your keyboard
    • Click on "APPS" then click on Default apps
    • Click on Microsoft Edge browser
    • Then in the "PDF" option you choose which default browser you want to open files in PDF format.

Patrick Henrique., Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

1. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder - Similar Threads - unable preview PDF

2. Windows 11 - File Explorer Preview Pane for PDF files not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - File Explorer Preview Pane for PDF files not working: I am running Windows 11 version 23H2 patched up to date and have noticed this problem recently.When I open a folder the preview pane shows "Select a file to preview".Selecting a .jpg file shows the preview.Selecting a .doc file shows "No preview available"Selecting a .pdf...
  3. Windows 11 - File Explorer Preview Pane for PDF files not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File Explorer Preview Pane for PDF files not working: I am running Windows 11 version 23H2 patched up to date and have noticed this problem recently.When I open a folder the preview pane shows "Select a file to preview".Selecting a .jpg file shows the preview.Selecting a .doc file shows "No preview available"Selecting a .pdf...
  4. This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11: When I look at Windows 11 file explorer with preview pane turned on and showing for other other types of files, I get a "This file can't be previewed" message where the PDF file previews should be. Other file types are previewed as expected....
  5. This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11

This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11: When I look at Windows 11 file explorer with preview pane turned on and showing for other other types of files, I get a "This file can't be previewed" message where the PDF file previews should be. Other file types are previewed as expected....
  6. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder: I have a Windows 11 ThinkPad. I can preview almost any file type in windows folder.However, I am unable to preview PDF files in the windows 11 file folder.Please help me fix this problem. Thank you. Alfred...
  7. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  8. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  9. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...