Windows 10: Unable to print after latest Windows update

Discus and support Unable to print after latest Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Curtailed printer access seems to be a common problem, from what I see on the forums. Here is my situation: Lenovo desktop running Windows 10; HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SDCaller, Oct 5, 2019.

1. SDCaller Win User

Unable to print after latest Windows update

Curtailed printer access seems to be a common problem, from what I see on the forums. Here is my situation: Lenovo desktop running Windows 10; HP OfficeJet Pro 6968; all Lenovo operating software and drivers up-to-date as of today; all HP drivers up-to-date as of today. Printer has been reinstalled. Windows print spooler indicates operating and automatic. All cable and wireless connections checked and re-checked. When I select File-Print or the equivalent, I get a box showing my existing printers and virtual printers, including the HP 6968 as default. I confirm and select print. Result is a blank screen and no activity from the printer, or else a dialog box with the message "we couldn't print because there doesn't seem to be a printer installed."

When I installed the HP drivers a test page was printed successfully, but I suspect that this operation bypassed the Windows 10 system.

Help?

:)

SDCaller, Oct 5, 2019

2. Unable to find print option.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 and check if it helps:

Step 1:

1. Open Photo gallery and click on the photo that you want to print.

2. Click on the file tab from the top left side of the page.

3. Next select print and again print.

you will be able to print.

If however you are unable to find the print option then follow step 2.

Step 2:

• Once the document/picture is open in, press
      Ctrl+P.
    • Click Print as PDF button.
    • Check if the document prints as expected.
    Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 5, 2019
  3. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Unable to print after latest Windows update

Unable to print from Internet.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would like to inform you that this issue might not be due to DNS cache. But before entering into advance troubleshooting, lets try some easy steps:

Check whether you are able to print by using Ctrl + P.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Access Control panel.
    • Choose Devices and Printers, it will show a list of all printers installed to this computer.
    • Select the printer that is being used, right-clicking on it and select
      See what’s printing from the list. Select the
      Printer menu
      and then choose Cancel All Documents. Now check if you are able to print from internet.

If the issue persists, download the latest driver from the manufacturer website and check if that resolves the issue.

Brother Solutions Center

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to print after latest Windows update

1. Unable to print after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Unable print latest

2. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  3. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  4. Unable to update latest windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update latest windows: I am unable to install these updates. But if the commotion in the comments in here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbarsearch-bar-is-glitchyhas-problems-after/f5b15bd7-b248-46f4-894a-6b05ae3afa48 regarding how bad the update is, looks like the error...
  5. Unable to login after latest Windows update

Unable to login after latest Windows update: Following last night’s update, I cannot login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password, when there’s usually an option to do so only a Sign in, and it has me sign into my Microsoft account. When I login, it says something about setting up a Windows Hello...
  6. Bug in the latest windows update with printing

Bug in the latest windows update with printing: After the last windows update, when i print from an email, it condenses the print to the upper left corner of the paper. It is not a problem with the HP printer because when i print the same email from an Apple laptop, it works fine. Is Microsoft aware of this problem? How...
  7. Unable to print after installing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print after installing Windows updates: After installing the windows 10 update on 10/04/2019 any print button will not print. Computer goes back to start up menu. ***Original title: Cannot print after windows 10 update on 10/04/2019??***...
  8. Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update

Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update: Since the update yesterday I am unable to print anything from a document on line. I'm still able to print documents that are on my computer. I've run a troubleshoot from Canon for my printer and there are no problems. Help please!...
  9. After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created: Printer does not get a print file and will not print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-10-update-a-print-file-is/92942c23-be48-4952-ba10-0bfa34036b95
  10. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. ***Modified title from: Latest windows update doesn't seem to work. ***...