Windows 10: Unable to print color

Discus and support Unable to print color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to print color anymore. The test page prints in color and shows good levels of ink, but no matter what program I use, I can't seem to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kristen and Shel Segal, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Unable to print color

I am unable to print color anymore. The test page prints in color and shows good levels of ink, but no matter what program I use, I can't seem to get it to print in color. One of the programs looked like it defaulted to B&W and when I changed it to color, it said something about it being in conflict with the app and would change it back to B&W. I am using a laptop HP computer and the HP Officejet 4650. I checked drivers and it said I already had the best driver. Not sure what to do. Thank you for any advice that will fix this problem.

:)

Kristen and Shel Segal, Oct 18, 2019

2. Color Printing with Windows 10

I followed the steps you provided, but I am still unable to print in color. Are there any other solutions?

NicSmith99, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Color printing

Although printer states it's printing in color, and it shows up in print preview, pages are only printed in black and white. This started with Windows 10. It was working fine prior to that. Any suggestions?

MaggieCarulo, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Unable to print color

Unable to find print option.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 and check if it helps:

Step 1:

1. Open Photo gallery and click on the photo that you want to print.

2. Click on the file tab from the top left side of the page.

3. Next select print and again print.

you will be able to print.

If however you are unable to find the print option then follow step 2.

Step 2:

• Once the document/picture is open in, press
      Ctrl+P.
    • Click Print as PDF button.
    • Check if the document prints as expected.
    Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to print color

1. Unable to print color - Similar Threads - Unable print color

2. color printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color printing: help how do I get my new epson printer to print in color in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-printing/bf87e45c-33b1-4547-a6c1-d876bea0898f
  3. Printing color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing color: I am running Win 11 Home Edition and have a HP Color Laserjet MFP M283fdw printer. The printer will not print color and when talking to HP Tech Support they tell me it's a Windows problem. Wondering if anyone might have a similar issue?...
  4. Unable to print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print in color: My color printer won't print in color. The printer itself, when running a test prints in color. When I send a color document to the printer from my PC it will not print in color. There is nowhere in the printer properties to select color. The options are draft, normal, best....
  5. windows 10 unable to color print

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 unable to color print: HP Officejet pro 6978 4 way printer. I have updated the printer's software and drivers. I have removed and re installed the printer. The printer's copying facility produces a perfectly colored copy. The printer's maintenance software until recently, printed colored test...
  6. Print in color

Print in color: my laptops will not send color to the printer. I ran all troubleshooting I know of, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-color/9058b132-6b7f-4d7b-be36-26dc9219c8ca
  7. Color Printing

Color Printing: I have Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print in color to my HP Officejet 3830. However, when I go to "File" & "Print" in the Word document, I'm not finding any options under Settings to choose "print in color." I've looked under "Printer Properties," "Page Set Up," "Advanced,...
  8. Color Printing

Color Printing: Windows 10. All of a sudden nothing will print in color. wireless HP3830 all in one printer. Ink levels and alignment good and test page in color ok. Can print color from phone....
  9. unable to print in color

unable to print in color: I have a HP computer & HP printer. Why can't I print in color in Windows 10. Only prints in grayscale or black. Does not offer color option at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-in-color/653336c5-e43a-40c7-ab93-8bd4051616f8
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...