Windows 10: Unable to print in color

Discus and support Unable to print in color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My color printer won't print in color. The printer itself, when running a test prints in color. When I send a color document to the printer from my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slee8, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Slee8 Win User

Unable to print in color

My color printer won't print in color. The printer itself, when running a test prints in color. When I send a color document to the printer from my PC it will not print in color. There is nowhere in the printer properties to select color. The options are draft, normal, best. None of those will print in color from my computer.

:)

Slee8, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Rick2021, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Color Printing with Windows 10

I followed the steps you provided, but I am still unable to print in color. Are there any other solutions?

NicSmith99, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to print in color

Surface Pro won't print in color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while trying to print in color while using Surface Pro.​​ As you have mentioned that you are able to print in greyscale, it is possible that printer settings are set to print in greyscale. We will certainly assist
    you with this issue.

However, we would like to know the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer that you are using?
    • Which application are you are using to print?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to check the printing preferences and check if the Print in Gray Scale option is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control printers and click on
      OK.
    3. Right click on the Printer that you are using, and select
      Printing Preferences.
    4. Navigate to the Color tab and select the option
      Print in color. (If you do not see Color tab, you may want to check the
      Advanced options and check if Print in Grayscale is
      off.)
    5. Click on OK and check if you are able to print in color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to print in color

1. Unable to print in color - Similar Threads - Unable print color

2. color printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color printing: help how do I get my new epson printer to print in color in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-printing/bf87e45c-33b1-4547-a6c1-d876bea0898f
  3. Printing color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing color: I am running Win 11 Home Edition and have a HP Color Laserjet MFP M283fdw printer. The printer will not print color and when talking to HP Tech Support they tell me it's a Windows problem. Wondering if anyone might have a similar issue?...
  4. windows 10 unable to color print

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 unable to color print: HP Officejet pro 6978 4 way printer. I have updated the printer's software and drivers. I have removed and re installed the printer. The printer's copying facility produces a perfectly colored copy. The printer's maintenance software until recently, printed colored test...
  5. Print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print in color: my laptops will not send color to the printer. I ran all troubleshooting I know of, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-color/9058b132-6b7f-4d7b-be36-26dc9219c8ca
  6. Color Printing

Color Printing: I have Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print in color to my HP Officejet 3830. However, when I go to "File" & "Print" in the Word document, I'm not finding any options under Settings to choose "print in color." I've looked under "Printer Properties," "Page Set Up," "Advanced,...
  7. Unable to print color

Unable to print color: I am unable to print color anymore. The test page prints in color and shows good levels of ink, but no matter what program I use, I can't seem to get it to print in color. One of the programs looked like it defaulted to B&W and when I changed it to color, it said something...
  8. Color Printing

Color Printing: Windows 10. All of a sudden nothing will print in color. wireless HP3830 all in one printer. Ink levels and alignment good and test page in color ok. Can print color from phone....
  9. unable to print in color

unable to print in color: I have a HP computer & HP printer. Why can't I print in color in Windows 10. Only prints in grayscale or black. Does not offer color option at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-in-color/653336c5-e43a-40c7-ab93-8bd4051616f8
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...