Discus and support Unable to print Printer is Offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I recently purchased an HP laptop which supports Windows 10. I am having issues in trying to print while online. My HP3830 Office Jet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TamaraWare, Oct 4, 2019.

Hi all. I recently purchased an HP laptop which supports Windows 10. I am having issues in trying to print while online. My HP3830 Office Jet appears to be online. However my laptop and printer aren't syncing. I have already tried a YouTube video which recommended me to go through the 'Printer Properties' of said printer and tap into the port. Each time I have tried this method, I receive an error message before I can proceed to the next step. Any ideas?

***Original title: Printer is Offline***

:)

TamaraWare, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Printer offline

Hi Kay,

I realize that you are unable to print. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get while trying to print?

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to run the printer diagnostic utility and restart the computer as this resolves many common printing issues including the printer being offline.

Unplug the printer from the computer. Restart both the computer and the printer. Once this is done plug in the printer cable and run the Printer troubleshooter to check if this helps. Ensure to update the printer software on the computer.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.
    Click on “Printer” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to print Printer is Offline - Similar Threads - Unable print Printer

2. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  3. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  4. printer offline and print spooler errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer offline and print spooler errors: recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-and-print-spooler-errors/9af882cd-be99-4d89-95f6-d4ee3343da1b
  5. HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print: "I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal lenthy delay before printing. Today, after the lenghty time delay 30-45 secs or more I got a "printer off-line" msg, then another...
  6. Unable to print as Printer shows Offline

Unable to print as Printer shows Offline: I installed a new printer. It w****ed to change it but nothing works. ***Original title: Printer offline*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-as-printer-shows-offline/d33ef180-8e65-4824-8b1e-edf9fb2fd114
  7. Printer "Offline"

Printer "Offline": Trying to print but printer queue shows printer "offline". Why can't I connect?? Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/eef61e54-f4e7-47cb-abc8-4fe7a980a178
  8. Printer offline

Printer offline: Printer is offline and I can't get it back online. Went to settings and printer, and selected print offline. It didn't change to online. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-offline/1a7645c6-c5cd-4e1c-a484-ccc2231dabf8
  9. printer offline

printer offline: 1. how do I make my printer online w windows 10?? usb plugged in and wont print. 2. I want wireless but was on hours last night w no luck. please help tutorial for 5...
  10. Can't print blue tooth printer - shows offline

Can't print blue tooth printer - shows offline: I use to be able to print to my HP Photosmart C7200 all-in-one printer wirelessly. Now it shows it offline. I have blue tooth enabled....