Windows 10: Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...

Discus and support Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi team, My son was having issues logging in to his Microsoft account so I reset the computer. When I now attempt to log in to the account either via a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Taariq Maruzook, May 13, 2023.

1. Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...

Hi team, My son was having issues logging in to his Microsoft account so I reset the computer. When I now attempt to log in to the account either via a web browser on another device or attempt to add the account back to Windows, it keeps erroring out with the "Something went wrong. It's not you, it's us" message after the parent/guardian consent step. I've tried disabling the firewall, using a different network, different browser, different laptop and nothing has worked. Please help!

:)

Taariq Maruzook, May 13, 2023

2. Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2023
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, May 13, 2023
Thema:

Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...

1. Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child... - Similar Threads - Unable proceed beyond

2. I Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.: I was creating an account for my daughter then once I inserted the date of birth it took me to age restrictions in Microsoft Family, then I was asked to sign in through my email as a parent, then it showed the message: Something's not working It's not you, it's us. give us...
  3. I Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.: I was creating an account for my daughter then once I inserted the date of birth it took me to age restrictions in Microsoft Family, then I was asked to sign in through my email as a parent, then it showed the message: Something's not working It's not you, it's us. give us...
  4. Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...: Hi team, My son was having issues logging in to his Microsoft account so I reset the computer. When I now attempt to log in to the account either via a web browser on another device or attempt to add the account back to Windows, it keeps erroring out with the "Something went...
  5. Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...

Unable to proceed beyond "It's not you. It's us" when attempting to log in to child...: Hi team, My son was having issues logging in to his Microsoft account so I reset the computer. When I now attempt to log in to the account either via a web browser on another device or attempt to add the account back to Windows, it keeps erroring out with the "Something went...
  6. Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.: Hi,I get an error every time after logging in as Guardian for my child email account: Something's not workingIt's not you, it's us.Unable to get access to the account.Could you please provide guidance in order to have access to email accounts?Thanks...
  7. Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.

Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.: Hi,I get an error every time after logging in as Guardian for my child email account: Something's not workingIt's not you, it's us.Unable to get access to the account.Could you please provide guidance in order to have access to email accounts?Thanks...
  8. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.: I bought a new laptop and accidentally choose the wrong date so it thought is was a child and I was prompted with consent screen. And following through the steps form this forms page. I tried everything from creating microsoft family , adding the child account and even tried...
  9. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.: I bought a new laptop and accidentally choose the wrong date so it thought is was a child and I was prompted with consent screen. And following through the steps form this forms page. I tried everything from creating microsoft family , adding the child account and even tried...
  10. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.