Windows 10: Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

Discus and support Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sankta Kapro, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled during this step. Upon booting the computer, there is no Dell screen or anything, it just goes straight to the BitLocker recovery screen. My BitLocker key isn't being recognized. Hitting ESC or F11 just makes the screen go black and then comes back to the BitLocker recovery screen.I've since tried to load Windows 11 via USB and I can't get the computer to do anything but display the BitLocker recovery screen. Any advice on this issue would be very

:)

Sankta Kapro, Oct 3, 2022

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is wrong?

Hello Ali,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

However, before we proceed further, we would like to know, if the computer is connected to a Domain environment. Also, we would like to know, if a hardware malfunction, an unexpected configuration change, or any another security event has occurred prior
    to the issue.

Now, depending on your Windows configuration, you might be able to restore your PC to its factory default settings directly from the Windows recovery screen.

I see a link at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC to factory defaults link, and then follow the instructions.

In some Windows configurations, you might need to start the recovery process using a button instead.

I see buttons at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC button, and then follow the instructions.

In other Windows configurations, you might have the option of skipping over certain drives without unlocking them.

I see an option to skip a drive

• Tap or click the Skip this drive link at the bottom of the BitLocker Drive Encryption screen to continue without unlocking the current drive.

If you skip all of the BitLocker-encrypted drives, you’ll see a list of advanced repair and startup options to choose from.

• Tap or click Repair and Restore, tap or click Other repair options, and then tap or click
      Factory Reset and follow the instructions.

Ref:
    BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

Where to look for your BitLocker recovery key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

1. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset - Similar Threads - Unable proceed past

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  4. Bitlock recovery to reset password

Bitlock recovery to reset password: When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me enter my PC for school without creating a new password. I came up with one that I assumed was easy to remember. A few words,...
  5. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset: I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled during this step. Upon booting the computer, there is no Dell screen or anything, it just goes straight to the BitLocker...
  6. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset: I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled during this step. Upon booting the computer, there is no Dell screen or anything, it just goes straight to the BitLocker...
  7. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop: I put my windows to reset. Erase everything and all. It was going okay, but suddenly the laptop turned off. I turned it back on and it asked me for bitlocker recovery key. I typed in the recovery key and it went to the next screen. Then a pop up came saying that “the computer...
  8. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop: I put my windows to reset. Erase everything and all. It was going okay, but suddenly the laptop turned off. I turned it back on and it asked me for bitlocker recovery key. I typed in the recovery key and it went to the next screen. Then a pop up came saying that “the computer...
  9. Unable to start PC past recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start PC past recovery: Hi! I need help. My PC doesn't want to start past the recovery page and I've tried everything. Nothing works. Ive tried to reset, startup repair, boot to safe mode, uninstall updates, system restore and system image recovery. They all fail and this is really frustrating me....
  10. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot proceed past windows login screen.: submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/