Windows 10: unable to project my screen

Discus and support unable to project my screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, [ATTACH] my PC is compatible with for projecting but windows says "your computer does not support Miracast". Even the options to project are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ROHIT GUPTA732, Oct 3, 2018.

1. unable to project my screen

Hi there, unable to project my screen 86306ab4-cea2-45bd-bda9-21df6c07dbd4?upload=true.jpg
    my PC is compatible with for projecting but windows says "your computer does not support Miracast". Even the options to project are locked. Refer to the below image.

unable to project my screen df318284-52dd-4fdc-90b9-042dec922058?upload=true.jpg

:)

ROHIT GUPTA732, Oct 3, 2018

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Projecting to a second screen

Hi,

It appears that you're having challenges projecting to your secondary screen. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following.

• Were you able to do this before?
    • Do you have a graphics control panel? You can see this by right-clicking on your desktop and see if it's listed in the context menu.
    • Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your larger screen?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the problem?

Ramon Imp, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Arnie Est Win User

unable to project my screen

I can't Project my Screen on pc

Hello Obaro Nduka,

Thank youn for posting Microsoft Community.

We're here to help. Regarding your concern you may follow the steps provided below:

• Use a USB cable to connect to your Windows device.
    • Start the Project My Screen app on your Windows device.
    • On your phone, tap Yes when prompted to allow screen projection.
    Note: You can't use a USB connection to project content that's protected by Digital Right Management (DRM) -- for example Xbox Video. Projecting your screen with a USB connection is video only. You can still manage audio through your phone.

Hope this helps.

Arnie Est, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

unable to project my screen

1. unable to project my screen - Similar Threads - unable project screen

2. locking project screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locking project screen: Is there any way to lock the project scree like the one you get when pressing Windows + P whenever i load my pc it will be on pc screen only and i need to change it o extend. Is there any way to lock the project screen to extend?...
  3. Unable to activate Project 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Project 2016: I'm having to use the Microsoft Deployment Tool to install Project standard 2016. Used the tool to download and install, all good. Launch the software, says it's not activated. Go to change the key, input the key and get the following error:"This product key is for the...
  4. Unable to activate Project 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Project 2016: I'm having to use the Microsoft Deployment Tool to install Project standard 2016. Used the tool to download and install, all good. Launch the software, says it's not activated. Go to change the key, input the key and get the following error:"This product key is for the...
  5. Unable to activate Project 2016

6. Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display

Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display: I have a Lenovo m720q Tiny PC connected to a LCD TV setup as wireless display in a conference room at work. It is utilizing Assigned Access as a kiosk running the Connect App. Everything looks good and the display is discoverable on my Lenovo T480s laptop. But every time I...
  7. Unable to project PC screen to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to project PC screen to TV: Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing. Original title : my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord....
  8. Unable to change projection options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change projection options.: Usually, I leave my computer plugged into a monitor on my desk. However, I need to connect my computer to my TV. To do this, I turned my computer off, disconnected the VGA cable from my monitor and computer, and moved my computer over to my TV. Then, I plugged in an HDMI...
  9. Unable to Project on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Project on Windows 10: suddenly the laptop isn't recognized on any project when I change product to second pc only nothing changed Is there a driver for it to be installed? ***Title changed from a Problem in connecting to a project***...
  10. screen projection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen projection: Hi, What I'm want to know is: How can I project the pc game window as one screen, and keep my desktop/windows screens as an other. Basicity I want to run a pc game and project the display to my tv, whilst keeping otherwise normal pc functionality on my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to project screen

2. unable to project from laptop

3. windows 10 unable to project screen

4. unable to project windows 10,
  5. unable to project screen windows 10 ,
  6. unable to project computer to TV windows 10,
  7. unable to project my screen