Windows 10: Unable to project PC screen to TV

Discus and support Unable to project PC screen to TV in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Saidy Cakes, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Unable to project PC screen to TV

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing.

Original title : my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord.

:)

Saidy Cakes, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 25, 2019
  3. projecting pc to generic tv

Hi Cyril,

In order to help you with your concern on projecting your Windows 10 to your TV, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Are you going to project your PC through HDMI connection? If not, what connection are you going to use?
    • Is this the first time you are going to project your PC using that TV? If not, did you encounter any error codes or messages? Kindly post it here for us to investigate.
    • What is the make and model of your TV?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Unable to project PC screen to TV

Projecting to TV Screen.

Hi,

To better assist you with this issue, we'd like to clarify the following information:

• What is the make and model of your laptop and TV?
    • What method are you using to project your laptop to your TV screen?
    • What video card does your laptop has?
    • Does your TV has screen mirroring capabilities?
    • Have you already tried this function before and worked?
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to project PC screen to TV

1. Unable to project PC screen to TV - Similar Threads - Unable project screen

2. Unable to connect PC to smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect PC to smart TV: I have Sony smart TV and Asus laptop. I have a problem with connecting my laptop with smart TV. I tried to connect a different computer with this smart TV and it works. Reinstalling network and display driver didn’t help...
  3. Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display: I have a Lenovo m720q Tiny PC connected to a LCD TV setup as wireless display in a conference room at work. It is utilizing Assigned Access as a kiosk running the Connect App. Everything looks good and the display is discoverable on my Lenovo T480s laptop. But every time I...
  4. project pc to tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    project pc to tv: i can't project my pc screen to TV since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-pc-to-tv/fd642fe9-4953-41f4-afd9-4070d5107cf2
  5. TV Audio Projecting Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Audio Projecting Issues: My computer is nearly a month old, and I have had no issue projecting sound to a TV. It has worked perfectly with my HDMI cord. However lately when we've been trying to watch stuff online, when my screen is connected to the TV, the TV shows my computer screen, but no audio is...
  6. Unable to install Project Cars 2 on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Project Cars 2 on PC: Hi there, I bought Project Cars 2 on the windows store but I cannot install it. Below is the result when i try to install. I have the latest updates and windows installed. I have reset the windows store as well. Please help. [ATTACH] ***Original title: Windows...
  7. PC to TV screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC to TV screen: I have windows 10 on my laptop I am trying to hookup my PC to my Samsung Smart tv and all I a getting is the menu across the bottom of the tv screen. How do I get the computer on the tv...
  8. unable to project my screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to project my screen: Hi there, [ATTACH] my PC is compatible with for projecting but windows says "your computer does not support Miracast". Even the options to project are locked. Refer to the below image. [ATTACH]...
  9. Trouble Projecting onto TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Projecting onto TV: When I try to project my screen onto my tv, it cuts off the borders by about the size of the task bar (vertical wise). All I'm using is an HDMI cable that came with the tv and I don't really have the money to get anything else like chromcast or items of the like to help with...
  10. Projecting PC to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Projecting PC to second screen: I cannot display a second screen from my Surface 3 laptop. I am not able to change the screen resolution when connected to the second display. When I try to change the screen resolution to suit the projector resolution I get the error message "The display settings could not...