Windows 10: Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

Discus and support Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nj2212, Feb 23, 2022.

1. nj2212 Win User

Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult family member. I am 18 years old and I never set up a Microsoft "family." I have been trying to figure out how to futz around with the settings in order for me to be able to purchase said video game. So I try inviting myself to the family in order to see if I can give myself permission to buy stuff but whenever I try to accept the invitation it returns to the same screen after I log in where it still says "accept now" What am I doing wrong here? Thi

:)

nj2212, Feb 23, 2022

2. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 23, 2022
  3. Unable to purchase app in store

Hello Nraina thank you for posting.

Here are some suggestions you can try in order to solve this issue.

• I would suggest you log with your Microsoft Account on
      https://account.live.com make sure your birth date, time&date and the time zone are correct.

• If you are having this issue on your Windows Phone, please check the time and date on the phone as well (<<settings <<time&date) and set them on manual.

• Please also log with the same Microsoft account to
      http://www.xbox.com
      and make sure you have created you Gamertag.

• As a last step, please just do a soft reset of the phone (if the issues are on you r Windows Phone)
    Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 20 seconds, until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, release the buttons and the phone should restart.

Here is another forum posting that might be helpful.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ws-store/6f0ee18e-c21a-4fd5-a772-1cd6042d3349

Kind Regards

Vladimir Mi, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Unable Purchase Product

2. Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family: Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult family member. I am 18 years old and I never set up a Microsoft "family." I have been trying to figure out how to futz around with...
  3. Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family: Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult family member. I am 18 years old and I never set up a Microsoft "family." I have been trying to figure out how to futz around with...
  4. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. Updated solution

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. Updated solution: A previous question asked in 2017 stated...Hello,My child as a Microsoft account, which is linked as a family account to mine.I opened her another user account on our main PC which is linked to her Microsoft account, and I transferred money to her account so she'll be able to...
  5. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. updated: A previous question asked in 2017 stated...Hello,My child as a Microsoft account, which is linked as a family account to mine.I opened her another user account on our main PC which is linked to her Microsoft account, and I transferred money to her account so she'll be able to...
  6. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account. updated: A previous question asked in 2017 stated...Hello,My child as a Microsoft account, which is linked as a family account to mine.I opened her another user account on our main PC which is linked to her Microsoft account, and I transferred money to her account so she'll be able to...
  7. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  8. Unable to purchase product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to purchase product key: Hello, I’ve come here to ask about a problem that has appeared since last night. My current computer is running a version of Windows 10 “under an organization”, even though I am not part of any. Yesterday, I got this notification: [IMG] This morning I decided to purchase a...
  9. Purchasing a product from the microsoft store

Purchasing a product from the microsoft store: I tried purchasing Microsoft Office 365 but it is not accepting Guam as the location address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchasing-a-product-from-the-microsoft-store/72c8aea6-c559-4811-baa5-773d0bc6b092"
  10. Unable to purchase products in Hidden City

Unable to purchase products in Hidden City: All information has been filled out but when going to purchase specials in Hidden City, unable to complete credit card transaction as will not allow me to change countries....