Windows 10: Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

Discus and support Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the family safe app it says I need to put restrictions on the time my child is on the app by clicking on the name amd some menu is supposed to poo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlissaWilliams, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

In the family safe app it says I need to put restrictions on the time my child is on the app by clicking on the name amd some menu is supposed to poo up. Nothing pops up so I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.

:)

AlissaWilliams, Sep 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

1. Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application - Similar Threads - Unable put restrictions

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Unable to remove child account from Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  5. Unable to remove child account from Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  6. Unable to remove child account from Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Child able to work-around family restrictions

Child able to work-around family restrictions: Please, any ideas how to prevent a child from hacking their way round Microsoft Family restrictions? Politely asking them not to unfortunately doesn’t appear to work.Child’s account is locked with time restrictions, all apps blocked, age limit<3, etc. The child can still...
  8. Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop

Microsoft safe family - unblock the account on my child's laptop: HiI've removed my child's acccount from the Family group. The problem is that when we login the child's laptop, we still get MS family control blocking eg...I added the account back to the family group, and it's still blocked. Any suggestions?Regards...
  9. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  10. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...