Windows 10: Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nikhilnarla1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine"

Ping to the remote machine works fine.

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks,

Nikhil.

:)

nikhilnarla1, Oct 17, 2018

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Lockhada Win User
    RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Oct 17, 2018
  4. techpun Win User

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

1. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable RDP remote

2. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  3. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  5. How to unable remote desktop in windows 10

How to unable remote desktop in windows 10: Currently I am working from home have to work on remote desktop but my remote desktop is not working my employee told me to unable the remote desktop first before using it...
  6. How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP)

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are many differences between Windows 10 Home and Professional. The Remote Desktop feature is one of them. Unlike the professional version, if you ever try to use Remote Desktop feature in the home version, you will not be able [...] This post How to...
  7. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  8. Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10: Tried to log in using the Remote Desktop and it says it is configuring the remote session and then just disappears. . I've never seen this behavior before and I was stumped . however I was able to login with the same credentials on a different machine. Could this be due to...
  9. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....
  10. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.: I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to rdp to a remote computer

2. unable to remote desktop windows 10

3. windows 1903 rdp cant connect

4. unable to remote desktop to pc,
  5. Access this computer from the network unable to RDP the Client machine,
  6. unable to rdp to windows 10,
  7. unable to rdp to win10,
  8. unable to rdp,
  9. cant rdp to windows 10,
  10. i cant connect using rdp on windows 10 pro 2019,
  11. upgraded my pc do i need to chnge the RDP,