Windows 10: Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...

Discus and support Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I expected this to happen and before changing the motherboard I linked my microsoft account with my computer so the license would not be lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DM_25565, Jul 27, 2019.

1. DM_25565 Win User

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...

I expected this to happen and before changing the motherboard I linked my microsoft account with my computer so the license would not be lost afterwards.

But turns out something is not working as expected, because I cannot re-activate this computer with my license.

The error I see on the activation tab is: 0xC004F025

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a... f86b22ee-7fad-4672-bef2-f6d3470b9792?upload=true.png

When I click on "solve problems" and then "I changed my hardware" I get this screen showing that in fact the license is on my Microsoft Account!!!

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a... 52f9810c-c8b4-4386-b6cc-2c43796834c6?upload=true.png

But after clicking Activate, I get this error telling me to try later..

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a... 0898e88f-a2ef-4088-9d05-07ee26f58eab?upload=true.png

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is Microsoft currently having problems with their activation servers?

This is extremely frustrating, I wish we could just use the traditional serial keys.

:)

DM_25565, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...

windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...

1. Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a... - Similar Threads - Unable activate digital

2. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade: Hello, I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license. The error code is 0x803FA067. Before the changes, I linked my Windows digital license with a Microsoft account (following this:...
  3. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account: Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation...
  4. Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation: I'm doing a clean reinstall on my mother's computer. My brother initially installed the free version of Windows 10. I understand how to do the clean install, but I'm worried about reactivation. According to the instructions, all I'd have to do is login to Microsoft when...
  5. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...
  6. Windows Digital License Activation

Windows Digital License Activation: Hey everyone, I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM. I made sure to link my Windows 10 license with my Microsoft account before this. After updating everything and troubleshooting, I clicked on I have recently changed my hardware. I found the Desktop name I...
  7. Activation errors using digital license.

Activation errors using digital license.: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the free offer was first extended. About a month ago I started receiving an activation error saying my windows 10 is not activated. When clicking on the activate now link the settings window opens and the activation screen is...
  8. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Re-activating windows after motherboard change: I bought a PC from Cyberpower and it had the full version of windows 10 on the hard drive, I recently did an hardware upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and when I booted the computer up again after the upgrade it said I needed to re activate windows. And when I go to re...
  9. Motherboard crashed and need to Re activate digital license on same hard drives

Motherboard crashed and need to Re activate digital license on same hard drives: My Motherdboard crashed beginning of 2018 and I could not afford to repair at the time. I now used the same hard drives, but cannot activate windows 10 pro for few days now. Used troubleshouter without any success. Error code (0x803F7001) Please assist since I bought...
  10. Activation and digital licensing

Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activation lost after motherboard upgrade digital license

2. what happens if i dont activate windows 10

3. unable to activate windows digital license