Windows 10: Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our...

Discus and support Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Like many other people, I am having trouble re-activating windows after a hardware change replaced Motherboard, processor, and RAM. I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tobithy, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Tobithy Win User

Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our...

Like many other people, I am having trouble re-activating windows after a hardware change replaced Motherboard, processor, and RAM. I use the Troubleshooter and click "I changed hardware on this device recently". After entering my Microsoft account login info, it spins a bit then presents the message "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again." This has been going on for more than an hour, and I doubt the servers are simply down for that long.

:)

Tobithy, Jul 22, 2021

2. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our...

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our... - Similar Threads - Unable activate hardware

2. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.: I have an OEM physical copy of windows 7 that I am trying to use to activate my windows since I recently changed my cpu and mobo. It says I don't have a valid key. THanks for the help...
  3. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  5. unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware: hi I'm trying to re activate windows but i keep getting this error? is this just me or anyone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reactivate-windows-after-changing/8b1a9c7c-913f-4d02-a022-6b7976e6e9d5
  6. Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our...

Unable to re-activate Windows after hardware change: "We can't reactivate Windows as our...: Hello, I change the motherboard and now getting the message: [ATTACH] I tried to use Troubleshooter but it constantly 5h+ already fails with thie error: [ATTACH] Is there any other way? Thank you!...
  7. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(: Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and followed all the steps for reactivation (using the trouble shooter and the checking the "I have changed hardware recently"...
  8. Can't re-activate Windows after Hardware change

Can't re-activate Windows after Hardware change: Hi, As I've said in the title I recently changed my processor from my old Intel into a new AMD, therefore I had to change my mother board as well. Everything was running fine last night until this morning when I turned on my PC the watermark to have Windows Active was there,...
  9. Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.

Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.: I have recently changed my CPU and GPU and i'm being told i need to reactivate windows but when i enter my product key it tells me it is invalid....
  10. Unable to reactive windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactive windows after hardware change: I upgrade my CPU from 6700K + Z170 Pro Gaming to I7-8700K + Z370 Aorus Gaming 3, after change, my windows ask to reactive license but I can't, who can help me...