Windows 10: Unable to re-enable windows 10 update

Discus and support Unable to re-enable windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I was just surfing on the internet, was seeing whats new on reddit and discord, and then I saw someone saying blender was made in python idk if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IKDev, Mar 29, 2021.

1. IKDev Win User

Unable to re-enable windows 10 update

So I was just surfing on the internet, was seeing whats new on reddit and discord, and then I saw someone saying blender was made in python idk if it is true or not. So I went to microsoft store to install python, but then I got a weird error 0x80070422 saying I have to enable windows update. This was really weird to me because I had no problem with windows update earlier. For some reason it just says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". I saw most people fix it by enabling it in services.msc, but it did not worked for me. I'm unable to start Windows Update service. So first difference on my machine is that when I change from disabled to automatic start button is still grayed out like the stop button. But still after I click apply it finally works. I click ok button, reopen that same service just to see if it is applied, and none is saved. This really bothers me because now I not only cant use microsoft store but to update windows at all. Then I tried emptying my SoftwareDistribution.old folder and renaming it to SoftwareDistribution bc that is the name of the folder on all other machines, and I dont have regular SoftwareDistribution folder. Please help if you can!

:)

IKDev, Mar 29, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Mar 29, 2021
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 29, 2021
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to re-enable windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Unable enable update

2. Unable to re-enable WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-enable WinRE: I have browsed several threads regarding the failed update that gives the error 0x80070643.The solution they have written was to manually resize the partition. After following the steps written in the "Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...
  3. Unable to re-enable WinRE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to re-enable WinRE: I have browsed several threads regarding the failed update that gives the error 0x80070643.The solution they have written was to manually resize the partition. After following the steps written in the "Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...
  4. Unable to re-enable WinRE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied: I noticed that I haven't had Windows updates in a bit and I went to check. Under Windows Update on the Setting Panel nothing populates stating "Something went wrong. Try to open Settings later." When I checked under services I found both Windows sys. had been disabled, and...
  6. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied: I noticed that I haven't had Windows updates in a bit and I went to check. Under Windows Update on the Setting Panel nothing populates stating "Something went wrong. Try to open Settings later." When I checked under services I found both Windows sys. had been disabled, and...
  7. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?: Using Win 10 Pro 1809, if i go into services, windows update, properties, startup type set to disabled. It seems to re-enable itself later on if not after a reboot. How does one stop it? I have reason to believe it is hard locking up my PC. it's listed in the error log...
  9. Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update

Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update: Days before the "get it free" period was over, I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. At the time, I followed some instructions to defer updates to avoid headaches. Today, while trying to fix an issue caused Win 10 (my HP printer won't scan or fax), a thread suggested making sure...
  10. windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service

windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service: I typically have the Windows Update service disabled so that i can download/install updates when i want to. However, sometime over the last month or so windows has started automatically re-enabling the Update service - I disable it... check it a few days later & it's back on...