Windows 10: Unable to re-use old password

Discus and support Unable to re-use old password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why do I have to change my password after 20 years? I now have issues with my account and never have before Microsoft said i have to change my password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TaoCipher, Mar 28, 2019.

1. TaoCipher Win User

Unable to re-use old password

Why do I have to change my password after 20 years? I now have issues with my account and never have before Microsoft said i have to change my password and cant reuse any of the three passwords i have rotated for all my accounts... I definitely dont understand companies ignoring what its customers wants.. I want freedom to make my own choices for passwords not having Microsoft yellimg what my password shout be.

***Title Modified Original: Password***

:)

TaoCipher, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Oriana.G Win User

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to re-use old password - Similar Threads - Unable old password

2. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use: Hello All,I am building a new PC, everything is new except I am keeping my old ssd and hdd. Windows 10 is currently installed on my ssd. Before I transfer everything over and do a fresh windows 11 install, the plan was to backup and save data on a usb, then deactivate...
  3. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use: Hello All,I am building a new PC, everything is new except I am keeping my old ssd and hdd. Windows 10 is currently installed on my ssd. Before I transfer everything over and do a fresh windows 11 install, the plan was to backup and save data on a usb, then deactivate...
  4. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years.: I would like to Re-Use my old password which I have for years. My password is strong and I do not want to NOT use it. Regardless of how you say that the system is designed to protect etc etc, I am ok, so if you would like to help, kindly, make it happen so I can just use my...
  6. File Sharing Using old Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Using old Password: I am sharing my whole drive via windows 11,via the advanced sharing option i only gave my Microsoft account access to the drive now when trying to connect via a different pc using my current Microsoft account password it doesn't work,using my old password instead works to...
  7. File Sharing Using old Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing Using old Password: I am sharing my whole drive via windows 11,via the advanced sharing option i only gave my Microsoft account access to the drive now when trying to connect via a different pc using my current Microsoft account password it doesn't work,using my old password instead works to...
  8. unable to remember password on old win7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to remember password on old win7: Have Rheumatoid Arthritis unable to lift newer laptops. Need this ultra light old one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remember-password-on-old-win7/67e2c554-66e8-4c6c-85ff-ab1762545014
  9. Unable to log in to computer using old password, Computer is not connected to internet.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log in to computer using old password, Computer is not connected to internet.: Hi, please I would like to know how to access all my past passwords. I had the "critical error start cortona ......." problem so I had to restart in safe mode with network but when I entered my password the computer told me am offline so I should use the last password I used...
  10. Using an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using an old password: Hi there, Is there anyway I can reuse a previous password i’ve already used? It’s so frustrating that if i change, it says i can’t use an old password. Thanks....