Windows 10: Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU

Discus and support Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I built a computer about a month ago and had no issue getting to the BIOS. Although, I found that the MOBO had issues after a few weeks and decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Reasy, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Reasy Win User

Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU

I built a computer about a month ago and had no issue getting to the BIOS. Although, I found that the MOBO had issues after a few weeks and decided to purchase a different one(as well as a new PSU, but that isn't important). Since the new MOBO has been put in, I have been unable to get into BIOS when my GPU is in the computer. My monitors both get no signal until login screen. I know for a fact that the computer enters BIOS still if I spam the key, as the login screen never comes and it is just constant no signal. When I take the GPU out of the computer and connect to the onboard graphics, I can get to BIOS fine and have no problems. When I was in BIOS, I tried turning off fast boot as well as making sure my main GPU is set to be run on start, but still the problem persists. I have also tried turning off the onboard, granted I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

I have updated the BIOS and downloaded all drivers for the computer. I just want to be able to get to BIOS on the computer with my GPU plugged in.

I have an MSI motherboard.

Win Ver: 20H2

MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi

RAM: Corsair 32gb

CPU: I7 10700

GPU: MSI GTX 960

:)

Reasy, Oct 26, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 26, 2020
  3. GrapeJams Win User
    Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Oct 26, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU - Similar Threads - Unable Reach BIOS

2. Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU: I built a computer about a month ago and had no issue getting to the BIOS. Although, I found that the MOBO had issues after a few weeks and decided to purchase a different one(as well as a new PSU, but that isn't important). Since the new MOBO has been put in, I have been...
  3. HDD not appearing in BIOS when SSD is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not appearing in BIOS when SSD is connected: Hello everyone, I am new here and hope I am posting in the right place *Biggrin So two days ago I received my first SSD (a Crucial P1 1TB) and I wanted to make it my main drive for heavy programs and have my old HDD as extra storage. The way I wanted to proceed for...
  4. Unable to navigate bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to navigate bios: Hi, I have just cloned my HDD to a SSD. Fitted the SSD into the laptop but when I switch on I see a message PXE-MOF Exiting Intel PXE ROM If upon startup I press F2 I then enter the bios. I am unable to move across the columns to BIOS as the left right arrows do nothing....
  5. Unable to reach Windows Activation Servers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reach Windows Activation Servers: Today I noticed that Apps from the store were not opening and after removing them and attempting to reinstall I would see the message "acquiring license" and then error "0x8004E103" would occur. After checking Windows Updates and the Date/Time I went to check the activation...
  6. Unable to reach windows activation servers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reach windows activation servers: Hi, I just bought new lap acer swift 3, which is preinstalled with Windows 10. After I came home I couldn't load updates, showing some error in update and I thought Windows not activated .. I'll attach the pics ..please help me with it [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to reach online site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to reach online site: I am unable to reach a site that i have been using for years. Keep getting this message: Hmmm can't reach that page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reach-online-site/baf61a49-3db5-43ef-9545-9f9f9ecb03ca
  8. Unable to reach Windows activation servers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reach Windows activation servers: Hi, Anyone else receiving the above message since installing the Creators update? My Windows installation was fully activated previously, so maybe the activation servers are currently overloaded? EDIT: It now says 'Windows is activated with a digital licence' so all is...
  9. Unable to boot to BIOS unless gpu is reseated

Unable to boot to BIOS unless gpu is reseated: Hey guys I've had this persisting issue with this particular build since I got the i7, the mobo and the ram. The GPU and the PSU have been used in previous builds with absolutely zero issues. This issue has stopped and started over several months, starting when the...
  10. Having issues with BIOS & GPU

Having issues with BIOS & GPU: Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto Asus M8F - YouTube 73569