Windows 10: Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change

Discus and support Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A few days ago I damaged my mainboard with a BIOS update. I bought the same model again today and naturally Windows saw this as a hardware change and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pashahlis, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Pashahlis Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change

A few days ago I damaged my mainboard with a BIOS update. I bought the same model again today and naturally Windows saw this as a hardware change and prompted me to reactivate Windows 10. This worked fine the last time in Summer 2018 when I upgraded my PCs components, but not this time. It didn't let me reactivate it. In panic I then went to my Microsoft account and deleted the PC (the one with the old mainboard) from my list of devices, hoping it would fix it. But that just made it worse, since now I cannot even go very far with the activation, since I just deleted the device that I need to reactivate it.

I also have an error code, if that helps: 0x803FA067

:)

Pashahlis, Sep 5, 2019

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Out of curiosity, what does it say under Activation in Settings?

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Sep 5, 2019
  3. I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine as the wizard is giving me an error

Hi,

I recently changed my machine and swapped out the mainboard. I tried to reactivate windows by using the control panel activation troubleshoot wizard, however it always displays the message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used to reactivate the device that you’re using at the moment. Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account that you linked to the Windows
    10 digital licence on this device, or try again later.

I tried to resolve this myself by logging into my windows account and removing the device which had my old mainboard. There were 2 devices listed on my profile, both refer to the same machine but one has the old mainboard (ASUS Ranger VIII) and the other
    is the new one (Gigabye Z370). I removed the ASUS Ranger VIII device however this did not resolve the problem.

My Windows was bought in 2014 as 8.1 before I received the free upgrade to 10. I have the online receipt but I no longer have the CD case. Could someone please help me?

sAiNtgOtEn, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate mainboard

2. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and now it won't activate windows 10. I tried all of the troubleshooting options but can't seem to get online support as phone support is no longer valid. I checked the license and according to another post here, it's a Retail version...
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  4. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Mainboard replacement

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Mainboard replacement: Greetings!After few years decided to replace Mainboard, CPU and RAM. Old ones are still in life.Operating system Windows 10 was installed on SSD when old Motherboard was in function, and Windows was originally licensed not copy, it is Retail license. To try new components, I...
  5. Windows 10 Reactivation after Mainboard and CPU Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reactivation after Mainboard and CPU Change: Hello dear Madams and Sirs, I would like to change the CPU and Mainboard of my PC, and I wanted to ask if I could run into any problems reactivating Windows 10. I currently have a retail license of Windows 10 installed on my PC, which I obtained by upgrading Windows 8/8.1...
  6. Windows 10 restoring after mainboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 restoring after mainboard change: Hi All, I've bought a refurbished laptop wit corresponding Windows reseller license. Due to malfunction I had to have the mainboard replaced. Windows 10 stopped working since then. I tried with bootable usb flash plus a Windows ISO file from another flash drive but I keep...
  7. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi all, I recently upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU. In the process my copy of Windows 10 became deactivated. I looked up the issue online, which led me to this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530 I followed all the steps here and in the...
  8. Unable To Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware

Unable To Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware: I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I used my Product Key and everything worked perfectly. I had a hardware failure and needed to replace my motherboard and CPU for my desktop computer. After replacing the hardware I booted the PC and it went straight to Windows,...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Hi there, As the title states I am unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 after changing my motherboard and graphics card. I've read online that it may not be possible to reactivate it due to the change in hardware acting as a brand new machine. I originally upgraded to...
  10. Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change: I had to change my mainboard and now I can't activate Windows 10 Pro. In my Microsoft Account I see the old pc (activated) and the new one (not activated). I already pressed trouble shooting but I could not fix the problem, because on the broken mainboard I used a Windows 10...