Windows 10: Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change

Discus and support Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new CPU/motherboard installed everything and was able to reactivate windows by signing in to my account with the digital license. The board... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RS1387, Jul 3, 2021.

1. RS1387 Win User

Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change

I bought a new CPU/motherboard installed everything and was able to reactivate windows by signing in to my account with the digital license. The board I was sent was faulty and had to be replaced about a week later. After which I was unable to reactivate. I have followed the guide which had me use the troubleshooter to sign into my account, but every time I reach the end of that process I get this error:"Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."Been trying to get this to work for a couple of months now and get this error every time. Unfortunat

:)

RS1387, Jul 3, 2021

2. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 3, 2021
  4. ev1l e1m0 Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change. Unable to reactivate windows.

Hello,

I Just upgraded my computer from a Intel I7 8700k to a Amd Ryzen 9 3900X, I am unable to reactivate my windows, even via the troubleshooter.

I click troubleshoot -> Click "I changed hardware on this device recently" -> The "Reactivate Windows 10" page shows up with my device listed. -> I click the check box and hit activate. -> I get a message saying " Unable to activate Windows. "We can't
    reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I switched from a Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard to a Asus X570-E motherboard also.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Frank.

ev1l e1m0, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate hardware

2. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and now it won't activate windows 10. I tried all of the troubleshooting options but can't seem to get online support as phone support is no longer valid. I checked the license and according to another post here, it's a Retail version...
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and now it won't activate windows 10. I tried all of the troubleshooting options but can't seem to get online support as phone support is no longer valid. I checked the license and according to another post here, it's a Retail version...
  4. unable to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change

unable to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change: I had to replace most of my PC hardware after it got fried by a thunderstorm. Finally rebuilt it and now it says I cant reactivate my windows from this device with the error code 0x803FABBA which is absent from the error code troubleshooting page. I tried reaching support but...
  5. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change.: I'm aware this is probably a very common post on this sub, just looking for some advice on how to proceed. My dad and I recently upgraded his PC, it's mostly a completely new build, all we really transferred over were his hard drives. We made the mistake of not confirming...
  6. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi all, I recently upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU. In the process my copy of Windows 10 became deactivated. I looked up the issue online, which led me to this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530 I followed all the steps here and in the...
  7. Unable To Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware

Unable To Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware: I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I used my Product Key and everything worked perfectly. I had a hardware failure and needed to replace my motherboard and CPU for my desktop computer. After replacing the hardware I booted the PC and it went straight to Windows,...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: About a year ago, I changed out my motherboard from an old one (I don't remember the model) to an MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard. I think this caused my Windows 10 to unactivate, but I didn't notice it until a few months ago. It didn't bother me too much because I could still...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Hi there, As the title states I am unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 after changing my motherboard and graphics card. I've read online that it may not be possible to reactivate it due to the change in hardware acting as a brand new machine. I originally upgraded to...
  10. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change.

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hi, Previously, I had a copy of windows 10 that was upgraded from windows 8. The copy of windows 8 was from a disk I purchased separately a few years ago (not an oem as far as I am aware). Unfortunately, it recently became corrupted and I needed to reinstall (somehow it was...