Windows 10: Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

Discus and support Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Got a new motherboard and processor Friday and went to reactivate windows but it's not working. At the windows activation screen I receive error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Soul Juni0r, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

Got a new motherboard and processor Friday and went to reactivate windows but it's not working. At the windows activation screen I receive error code 0x803F7001 which means I don't have a valid product key. I don't have a physical product key because I bought it digitally and it is linked to my account. I have never changed hardware before so I have not reached my limit of swaps. I click the troubleshoot button and click "I changed hardware on this device recently". I select my WIndows 10 Home edition, check the "This is the device I'm using right now" box and click activate but it fails with no error given. It says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." with no further information given.

:)

Soul Juni0r, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 24, 2019
  3. KimberRoo Win User
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Hi there,

I recently upgraded system hardware including Motherboard and am unable to reactivate Windows 10 via the activation troubleshooter:

I have tried removing my old PC configuration from the list of devices in my windows account but still no luck!

• My windows account was linked to my PC prior to the change
    • Login in / out of my windows account has no effect
    • My version of windows was a free upgrade program from Windows 7, would this be an issue?
    Any help and ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

KimberRoo, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

Reactivating windows 10 after a major hardware (motherboard) change

Please how can I reactivate windows after a major hardware change if I didn't link my PC to my Microsoft account. Windows 7 was previously activated before it was upgraded to windows 10 and I have the product ID.

Delvis Emeka, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

1. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change. - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate major

2. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  3. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  4. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and now it won't activate windows 10. I tried all of the troubleshooting options but can't seem to get online support as phone support is no longer valid. I checked the license and according to another post here, it's a Retail version...
  6. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and now it won't activate windows 10. I tried all of the troubleshooting options but can't seem to get online support as phone support is no longer valid. I checked the license and according to another post here, it's a Retail version...
  7. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 after hardware change: I bought a new CPU/motherboard installed everything and was able to reactivate windows by signing in to my account with the digital license. The board I was sent was faulty and had to be replaced about a week later. After which I was unable to reactivate. I have followed the...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Hi there, As the title states I am unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 after changing my motherboard and graphics card. I've read online that it may not be possible to reactivate it due to the change in hardware acting as a brand new machine. I originally upgraded to...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard): Will I have any issues reactivating Windows10 since it came pre-installed by the OEM(cyberpowerpc), and Windows will view the new motherboard as a different PC? I'm running the latest 1809 version of Windows, and my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. According...
  10. Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard): I have a full retail key. My old motherboard suddenly got damaged. I have to replace the motherboard without any preparation for re-activating windows 10 in the new PC. How can I reactivate it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable reactivate windows after a hardware change