Windows 10: Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support

Discus and support Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to reactivate my Windows 10 after replacing my motherboard using a license that's linked to my MS account. When I select my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chris Brown 11, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support

Hi all, I'm trying to reactivate my Windows 10 after replacing my motherboard using a license that's linked to my MS account. When I select my available license and press Activate I get an error message telling me to try again later.

In the past when I've had issues reactivating Windows I've been able to get support through live chat however all there is now is the Get Help app which only directs me to get a phone call or post here in the forum.

Please help me to reactivate my copy of Windows, thanks!

:)

Chris Brown 11, Dec 14, 2019

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Out of curiosity, what does it say under Activation in Settings?

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Dec 14, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support

1. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change or contact live chat support - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate motherboard

2. Unable to Reactivate Windows 11 after Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reactivate Windows 11 after Motherboard Change: I need to go back for this one, a couple months ago I accidentally spilled water on my old motherboard and fried it. I have been using a laptop for 7 months after that.Recently, I have obtained a new motherboard, so I input my old SSD from the motherboard that fried. But when...
  3. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  4. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  5. SOLVED Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to replace the motherboard on my gaming PC and after restarting Windows I had to reactivate. None of the methods within Windows worked and when I tried phone activation SLUI 04, nothing happened. I then found my local support number, called it and after multiple number...
  7. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  8. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  9. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

10. Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard

Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard: Split from this thread. Merry Christmas, gamers! Want help getting started with your new device? : hey I switched my motherboard and it just doesn't want to reactivate plz help me dude ***Modified title from: Switched my motherboard and it doesn't want to reactivate***...