Windows 10: unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

Discus and support unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi I'm trying to re activate windows but i keep getting this error? is this just me or anyone else?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LouieMcAlpine, May 2, 2021.

1. unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

hi I'm trying to re activate windows but i keep getting this error? is this just me or anyone else?

:)

LouieMcAlpine, May 2, 2021

2. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, May 2, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 2, 2021
  4. ev1l e1m0 Win User

unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

Windows 10 Hardware change. Unable to reactivate windows.

Hello,

I Just upgraded my computer from a Intel I7 8700k to a Amd Ryzen 9 3900X, I am unable to reactivate my windows, even via the troubleshooter.

I click troubleshoot -> Click "I changed hardware on this device recently" -> The "Reactivate Windows 10" page shows up with my device listed. -> I click the check box and hit activate. -> I get a message saying " Unable to activate Windows. "We can't
    reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I switched from a Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard to a Asus X570-E motherboard also.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Frank.

ev1l e1m0, May 2, 2021
Thema:

unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

1. unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware - Similar Threads - unable reactivate changing

2. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.: I have an OEM physical copy of windows 7 that I am trying to use to activate my windows since I recently changed my cpu and mobo. It says I don't have a valid key. THanks for the help...
  3. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.: I have an OEM physical copy of windows 7 that I am trying to use to activate my windows since I recently changed my cpu and mobo. It says I don't have a valid key. THanks for the help...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  5. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  6. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change: I've always used Windows, and when I migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I was part of Windows Insider Program. At this point, when migrating from Win8 to Win10, my activation license was linked to my Microsoft account as a digital license. Well, this last week-end I've...
  7. Unable to Reactivate Windows after a hardware change

Unable to Reactivate Windows after a hardware change: Hi, I laptop recently had a issue with a Display IC and I got it repaired from an independent repair shop. Upon Repair, the guy installed his copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop. My laptop originally was previously running on a windows copy that came with the laptop...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(: Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and followed all the steps for reactivation (using the trouble shooter and the checking the "I have changed hardware recently"...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Hi there, As the title states I am unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 after changing my motherboard and graphics card. I've read online that it may not be possible to reactivate it due to the change in hardware acting as a brand new machine. I originally upgraded to...
  10. Unable to reactive windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactive windows after hardware change: I upgrade my CPU from 6700K + Z170 Pro Gaming to I7-8700K + Z370 Aorus Gaming 3, after change, my windows ask to reactive license but I can't, who can help me...