Windows 10: Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Discus and support Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :( in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Celtic Sidewinder, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and followed all the steps for reactivation (using the trouble shooter and the checking the "I have changed hardware recently" and then checked the box indicating this is the device to activate") and I keep getting a "Unable to activate Windows on this device, try again later" message. I've just spent almost two hours talking to "Robo Windows" with no luck, a 'Virtual Assistant" is no substitute for a real human who could help. Thanks for everything and yes, I came on the forums about three days ago before trying this and described what I was about to do and was told it's a snap (not!) But amazingly the PC booted right up with only a long pause before showing the sign in screen (heart stopped for a second though!).

:)

Celtic Sidewinder, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Reactivating windows after hardware change

Recently changed the hardware of my computer and trying to reactivate windows 10. I used the free upgrade that was sent out for windows 7 and 8.1 users to get access to windows 10. I followed all of the steps on the support page, but after selecting the
    device that is linked and clicking activate a new page appears that says:

"Unable to activate windows, we can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later."

NaiveSummanus, Sep 11, 2019
  4. KimberRoo Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Hi there,

I recently upgraded system hardware including Motherboard and am unable to reactivate Windows 10 via the activation troubleshooter:

I have tried removing my old PC configuration from the list of devices in my windows account but still no luck!

• My windows account was linked to my PC prior to the change
    • Login in / out of my windows account has no effect
    • My version of windows was a free upgrade program from Windows 7, would this be an issue?
    Any help and ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

KimberRoo, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

1. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :( - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate hardware

2. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.: I have an OEM physical copy of windows 7 that I am trying to use to activate my windows since I recently changed my cpu and mobo. It says I don't have a valid key. THanks for the help...
  3. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change.: I have an OEM physical copy of windows 7 that I am trying to use to activate my windows since I recently changed my cpu and mobo. It says I don't have a valid key. THanks for the help...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  5. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows after hardware change: I changed my PC's hardware and am unable to reactivate windows via my digital license. I click on Troubleshoot and then I changed hardware on this device recently, select the previous device, check This is the device I'm using right now, click Activate. It goes through and...
  6. unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to reactivate windows after changing hardware: hi I'm trying to re activate windows but i keep getting this error? is this just me or anyone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reactivate-windows-after-changing/8b1a9c7c-913f-4d02-a022-6b7976e6e9d5
  7. Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change

Unable to reactivate windows after a hardware change: I've always used Windows, and when I migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I was part of Windows Insider Program. At this point, when migrating from Win8 to Win10, my activation license was linked to my Microsoft account as a digital license. Well, this last week-end I've...
  8. Unable to Reactivate Windows after a hardware change

Unable to Reactivate Windows after a hardware change: Hi, I laptop recently had a issue with a Display IC and I got it repaired from an independent repair shop. Upon Repair, the guy installed his copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop. My laptop originally was previously running on a windows copy that came with the laptop...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Hi there, As the title states I am unable to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 after changing my motherboard and graphics card. I've read online that it may not be possible to reactivate it due to the change in hardware acting as a brand new machine. I originally upgraded to...
  10. Unable to reactive windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactive windows after hardware change: I upgrade my CPU from 6700K + Z170 Pro Gaming to I7-8700K + Z370 Aorus Gaming 3, after change, my windows ask to reactive license but I can't, who can help me...