Windows 10: Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

Discus and support Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed out my old HDD to a newer SSD and wanted to move over my Window 10 to that. I created a USB boot drive and successfully moved it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheEagle2050, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

I recently changed out my old HDD to a newer SSD and wanted to move over my Window 10 to that. I created a USB boot drive and successfully moved it over, but now through the troubleshooter it simply states that there was an error activating the license and to try again later.

***Modified title from: Windows 10 reactivation troubles ***

:)

TheEagle2050, Nov 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Nov 4, 2019
  4. M_se Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

Unable to reactivate windows

Hello, I have upgraded my PC (I changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD) and when I try to log in to activate windows it says that it is unable to reactivate windows on my device. I am unable to afford a new windows key, is there anyway I can just
    reactivate the windows my computer had previously?

M_se, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

1. Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate installing

2. Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after installing on a new system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after installing on a new system.: I had purchased windows from Microsoft store. I was using it on mac book pro as dual boot.I removed windows from mac book and installed it on a new desktop computer.Signed in with my Microsoft account. but unable to complete activation....
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after installing on a new system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after installing on a new system.: I had purchased windows from Microsoft store. I was using it on mac book pro as dual boot.I removed windows from mac book and installed it on a new desktop computer.Signed in with my Microsoft account. but unable to complete activation....
  4. Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.: Aight so I'll try to make this brief.I bought a laptop a few years ago, and when Windows 11 rollouts happened, I did the upgrade. All was smooth, no activation errors or anything in the transition from 10 to 11. Last week, that laptop died about as quick as Amber Heard's...
  5. Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.: Aight so I'll try to make this brief.I bought a laptop a few years ago, and when Windows 11 rollouts happened, I did the upgrade. All was smooth, no activation errors or anything in the transition from 10 to 11. Last week, that laptop died about as quick as Amber Heard's...
  6. Unable to Boot to SSD after Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to SSD after Windows 10 Install: Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time read this, I will try to keep it short, but I have been struggling for a while with this and tried a lot of different things! Computer Info: Windows 10 Home v.2004 Build 19041.450 AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 32GB RAM Aorus...
  7. Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.: Hello. I have upgraded my motherboard and CPU but my windows 10 got deactivated. And when trying to reactivate my windows using the "I recently changed my hardware on this device button" in the troubleshooter it displays a message saying "Unable to activate windows". Does...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(: Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and followed all the steps for reactivation (using the trouble shooter and the checking the "I have changed hardware recently"...
  9. windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation

windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation: Hi I have installed an SSD to replace my HDD. I have re installed but when I try to activate I get the message "We cant reactivate windows on this device try again later" Windows 10 was a free upgrade from 7. I spoke with support on the phone and they say I need my...
  10. unable to install windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install windows on ssd: every time when I try to install windows 10 on my laptop SSD this type of error message display i am using Intel Pentium dual-core & 4gb ram[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant reactivate ssd