Windows 10: Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.

Discus and support Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have upgraded my motherboard and CPU but my windows 10 got deactivated. And when trying to reactivate my windows using the "I recently changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by soapster87, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.

Hello. I have upgraded my motherboard and CPU but my windows 10 got deactivated. And when trying to reactivate my windows using the "I recently changed my hardware on this device button" in the troubleshooter it displays a message saying "Unable to activate windows". Does anyone know how to fix this? I have included an image of the message that gets displayed below. Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades. d3613708-dbb7-4d4a-8ea4-ead80654368e?upload=true.png

:)

soapster87, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Boyfriend Win User

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Jan 14, 2020
  3. kg4icg Win User
    Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

Then why does it say fs/ft i7-920 in his tag and he wants to downgrade to am3 system? to go from a am2/2+ to am3 isn't a downgrade last time I checked

kg4icg, Jan 14, 2020
  4. M_se Win User

Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.

Unable to reactivate windows

Hello, I have upgraded my PC (I changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD) and when I try to log in to activate windows it says that it is unable to reactivate windows on my device. I am unable to afford a new windows key, is there anyway I can just
    reactivate the windows my computer had previously?

Thema:

Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades.

1. Unable to reactivate windows after upgrades. - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate upgrades

2. Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows after changing Motherboard: Split from this thread. Merry Christmas, gamers! Want help getting started with your new device? : hey I switched my motherboard and it just doesn't want to reactivate plz help me dude ***Modified title from: Switched my motherboard and it doesn't want to reactivate***...
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD

Unable to reactivate Windows after installing SSD: I recently changed out my old HDD to a newer SSD and wanted to move over my Window 10 to that. I created a USB boot drive and successfully moved it over, but now through the troubleshooter it simply states that there was an error activating the license and to try again later....
  4. Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(

Unable to reactivate Windows after hardware change :(: Hello, I hope I can get some help or at least some suggestions. I switched my ASUS 350 MB and Ryzen 1700 CPU for a MSI 750 MB and a Ryzen 2800 CPU and followed all the steps for reactivation (using the trouble shooter and the checking the "I have changed hardware recently"...
  5. reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: My motherboard failed and I replaced it with a new board. Now windows 10 is prompting me to activate again. The activation code was embedded in the old motherboard and I don't have the code number. Activation says the code shown under system settings is not valid. Can I...
  6. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade

Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade: Hey guys, so i have this really annoying issue My motherboard and CPU were really due for an upgrade, so i replaced them and that's that. But now i have this watermark stuck on my screen telling me to activate windows. When i go into settings to activate it says "windows...
  7. Unable to reactivate windows

Unable to reactivate windows: Hello, I have upgraded my PC (I changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD) and when I try to log in to activate windows it says that it is unable to reactivate windows on my device. I am unable to afford a new windows key, is there anyway I can just reactivate the windows my...
  8. unable to reactivate windows

unable to reactivate windows: Just changed my motherboard about an hour ago and am now unable to reactivate windows with my linked account. It simply says "we cant reactivate windows on this device. Try again later....
  9. Unable to reactivate after motherboard replacement

Unable to reactivate after motherboard replacement: i recently replaced my motherboard and didn't create a restore point nor do i have the key as it was i think bought somewhere online. In my microsoft account the previous PC(with old Motherboard) is still shown in my account which i think is still activated for some reason...
  10. Unable to reactive windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactive windows after hardware change: I upgrade my CPU from 6700K + Z170 Pro Gaming to I7-8700K + Z370 Aorus Gaming 3, after change, my windows ask to reactive license but I can't, who can help me...