Windows 10: Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bought a brand new Laptop, Windows Defender was Off since the laptop came with a 1 month Subscription of the Norton Anti-Virus already installed. After... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 10080p, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 10080p Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10

Bought a brand new Laptop, Windows Defender was Off since the laptop came with a 1 month Subscription of the Norton Anti-Virus already installed. After the subscription has ended, Norton was deleted because it was no longer valid. Now for some reason can't get Windows Defender to Reactivate (Turn Back On). The On/Off Buttons are grey (Can't Switch from Off to ON????

:)

10080p, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10

1. Unable to reactivate Windows Defender on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable reactivate Defender

2. Reactivating windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reactivating windows defender: I recently uninstalled the third party security program cause I dont like it and wants to have the defender back, however I don't know how to have it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-windows-defender/b34fdcf1-83e2-4c7f-b7c9-2b5cfac99161
  3. Reactivating windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows defender: I recently uninstalled the third party security program cause I dont like it and wants to have the defender back, however I don't know how to have it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-windows-defender/b34fdcf1-83e2-4c7f-b7c9-2b5cfac99161
  4. Reactivating windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating windows defender

Reactivating windows defender: I have a new anti virus and used it for a while go remove virus on my pc. I recently uninstalled it and wants to have the defender back up. However I don't know how to have it back....
  6. Reactivating windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows defender: I have a new anti virus and used it for a while go remove virus on my pc. I recently uninstalled it and wants to have the defender back up. However I don't know how to have it back....
  7. Reactivating windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10: Hello, After installing a new motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer, Windows is suddenly no longer considered to be activated. I tried going through the activation troubleshooter and designating that there were significant hardware changes, yet it was unable to...
  9. Unable to reactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10: After having Blue Screen problems I uninstalled Windows 10 from my laptop & immediately reinstalled it. Everything is fine now however I got a message to Activate it in settings. It states @ 'couldn't reactivate Windows 10, Error Code 0x800705B4'. Troubleshoot was no help....
  10. Reactivate Windows Defender

Reactivate Windows Defender: I have disabled windows defender from the regedit, is there some way to reactivate it without have to install again my OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/reactivate-windows-defender/a79b6e5f-dd04-4a90-8469-869e9b07aab1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate windows defender

2. reactivating windows defender

3. windows 10 unable to activate windows defender antivirus

4. connot reactivate windows defender,
  5. how to reactivate windows defender application guard in RS4 x64,
  6. reactivate windows defender in windows 10 edu