Windows 10: Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC

Discus and support Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hello, I actually wanted to read the registry key value of EnableSelectiveSuspend which gets updated when the check box "Allow the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sridhar Mohan, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC

Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC b7cb55f1-adde-48aa-9f60-c61ba7020262?upload=true.png Hello,

I actually wanted to read the registry key value of EnableSelectiveSuspend which gets updated when the check box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked/uncheked. But with admin rights i can read this values,In non admin PC the value is not present and when i tried to create it I am getting "Access denied".

Is there any other way where i can read this information in both with and without admin rights PC????

Kindly help me out.

Regards

M.Sridhar

:)

Sridhar Mohan, Dec 12, 2019
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. birosh Win User
    RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC

1. Unable to read EnableSelectiveSuspend value in non admin PC - Similar Threads - Unable read EnableSelectiveSuspend

2. IISv10 non-admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IISv10 non-admin permissions: I've been trying to give non admin users permissions to manage IIS on one of my servers. I have followed the following steps in IIS Manager:-On the server I have enabled remote connections.-On the site add the IUSR_machine name group to the IIS Manager Permissions.-In Feature...
  3. IISv10 non-admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IISv10 non-admin permissions: I've been trying to give non admin users permissions to manage IIS on one of my servers. I have followed the following steps in IIS Manager:-On the server I have enabled remote connections.-On the site add the IUSR_machine name group to the IIS Manager Permissions.-In Feature...
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Make a Registry Value "Read-Only"

in Windows 10 Support
    Make a Registry Value "Read-Only": Is it possible to make a specific Registry Value "Read-Only" ? I'm basically trying to stop Paint from saving the last used "Resize" value. As you can see from the video below "BMPHeight" and "BMPWidth" are related to it. I can only change Permissions for Registry Folders but...
  7. Non-Admin Password Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Admin Password Change: Quick question. Is there a way to allow non-admin users to change the passwords of other non-admin users. So for example we can assign 1 user on a PC who other users can go to if they forget their password. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/afogg100 [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to read...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to read...: Hello, I wanted to read the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32 which has values of Enable/Diable during startup,WHen i run it with Command line it works,but i am trying to do programitcally via labview,the key is...
  9. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  10. Non Admin acct questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Non Admin acct questions: Setting up new machine. I first created an Admin acct on my wife's new machine when it started the OOBE questions etc. I got that acct all setup and then updated (long time downloads) and installed a few apps. Everything working fine there. Ok now I've set up a Non Admin...