Windows 10: Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3

Discus and support Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since the last update Build 22543rs prerelease 220122-2315 i am getting error code 28 and am unable to re-set my laptop, i have tried resetting from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon Langford, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3

Since the last update Build 22543rs prerelease 220122-2315 i am getting error code 28 and am unable to re-set my laptop, i have tried resetting from a USB device after downloading and creating a boot USB drive. Reset fails in the Laptop too HELLLLP PLEASE

:)

Simon Langford, Jun 23, 2022

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jun 23, 2022
  3. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3

New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book January 2016

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

Source: Microsoft Surface Book update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3

1. Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3 - Similar Threads - Unable receive updates

2. Unable to receive the code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive the code.: Hello, I was just wondering how long the “ We couldn’t send the code. Please try again.” issue is going to last? I can’t even login to my PC for a few days. I’ve been relying on to the code everytime I tried to log into my pc since I can’t even change the password due to “try...
  3. Unable to receive the code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive the code.: Hello, I was just wondering how long the “ We couldn’t send the code. Please try again.” issue is going to last? I can’t even login to my PC for a few days. I’ve been relying on to the code everytime I tried to log into my pc since I can’t even change the password due to “try...
  4. Unable to receive the code.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3

Unable to receive updates or reset Surface laptop3: Since the last update Build 22543rs prerelease 220122-2315 i am getting error code 28 and am unable to re-set my laptop, i have tried resetting from a USB device after downloading and creating a boot USB drive. Reset fails in the Laptop too HELLLLP PLEASE...
  6. Unable to use surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use surface: I was messing around with the display settings and I'm now on the lowest resolution at 500 percent scaling. This leaves me too zoomed in to do anything. I can't scroll down on the display settings page to do things. Is there any way to shortcut default settings or...
  7. Surface book 2 unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  8. Unable to receive emails

Unable to receive emails: having issues with emails it have problem fix now .so i go there and get nowhere but the emails come thru on my phone but not pc they did at first now no ***Modified title from: emails***...
  9. Laptop3 - Windows10. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop3 - Windows10. Sleep mode not working: Hi there, When i press the power button/close the lid, windows goes to sleep mode. if i press the power button again/open the lid within 10 sec, it works normally. But if i press the power button again/open the lid over 10 sec, there is a blue screen and then windows...
  10. Unable to boot Surface Go after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot Surface Go after reset: So I have this Surface Go which made some trouble. I decided to reset, discarding everything (i.e. choosing the option not keeping any files). Following, the screen said "Resetting this PC ..%" or something like that for more than an hour, then it rebooted and asked me to set...