Windows 10: Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by...

Discus and support Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I find myself locked out of several programs, such as banking, due to too many attempts to sign in. I follow the sign up procedures and all proceeds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RDKrause, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RDKrause Win User

Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by...

I find myself locked out of several programs, such as banking, due to too many attempts to sign in.

I follow the sign up procedures and all proceeds well until the program I am attempting to sign in to sends me a validation code as part of two-part enrollment. The code does not show up in either the text message or email, depending on which I choose during the enrollment process. The two-part security enrollment does work with on-line store transactions when enrolling or updating a password.

I have been unable to reach two of my banking institutions for two weeks or more, for example. I don't believe the problem is with the service with which I am attempting to enroll, since it happens with several sites, while using several emails, or browsers.

It would be kind of nice to be able to get hold of my financial goings-on with my banks, among other applications.

The institutions involved have worked flawlessly for blocks of time in the past so the enrollment process has worked.

I don't know if it is a problem with security/privacy and or Windows settings.

Any directions would be appreciated.

:)

RDKrause, Sep 29, 2020

2. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Nuh, the first code is the one I get too:

S2m3Xb2Z31wL0pM6

Loves. Follow the forth step listed here:
    -PLEASE let me/us know the code worked, if they DO NOT work:
    -Try an external keyboard and/or Copy and paste the code into Notepad, to make sure you seeing the characters correctly
    -All passwords are case sensitive and need to be typed EXACTLY as you see them
    -To clear the code, type the code you received press and hold the CTRL key and tap ENTER twice
    -Reply with a picture of the laptop screen with the code displayed

LovesFLSun, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by...

Unable to change system sign-in password on Windows 10

HI Jonne,

As you are unable to change the password on your device, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to change the password?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue if any?
    • Are you trying to change password for Microsoft account while signing to the device?

If you are referring to changing the password for Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How do I change my password?

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by...

1. Unable to receive validation code numbers when changing passwords in several apps,either by... - Similar Threads - Unable receive validation

2. Unable to receive the code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive the code.: Hello, I was just wondering how long the “ We couldn’t send the code. Please try again.” issue is going to last? I can’t even login to my PC for a few days. I’ve been relying on to the code everytime I tried to log into my pc since I can’t even change the password due to “try...
  3. Unable to receive the code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive the code.: Hello, I was just wondering how long the “ We couldn’t send the code. Please try again.” issue is going to last? I can’t even login to my PC for a few days. I’ve been relying on to the code everytime I tried to log into my pc since I can’t even change the password due to “try...
  4. Unable to receive the code.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not Receiving code when adding phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Receiving code when adding phone number in Microsoft account: I was trying to add phone number in my account but I am not receiving the phone number, I receive other codes but not the code when adding phone number in my account in Manage Account. What may be the problem? * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...: I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am required to "Approve Sign in Request" using my Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile. However, NO number appears on my...
  7. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...: I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am required to "Approve Sign in Request" using my Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile. However, NO number appears on my...
  8. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

9. Phone number not receiving reset code

Phone number not receiving reset code: Pls I need help. The situation started when I was locked out of my Google account. It was 2-factor verified and I lost the access codes. Apparently Google can't helppoor.I can't access my Microsoft account because they keep sending password reset code to my Google mail. I...
  10. Phone number not receiving reset code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number not receiving reset code: Pls I need help. The situation started when I was locked out of my Google account. It was 2-factor verified and I lost the access codes. Apparently Google can't helppoor.I can't access my Microsoft account because they keep sending password reset code to my Google mail. I...