Windows 10: Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

Discus and support Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Louisa Mazon, May 12, 2023.

1. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am required to "Approve Sign in Request" using my Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile. However, NO number appears on my authenticator app. Then I opted to choose "I can't use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now" and was given the option to "Use a Verification Code" saying "Enter the code displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device." However, NO code appears on my authenticator app. Please help.

:)

Louisa Mazon, May 12, 2023
  2. ShaVerZ Win User

Authenticator App / Verification Text SMS

Trying to install the Microsoft Authenticator App but as I progress through the setup it asks for a verification code, a code I cannot get because I'm setting up the account on the very app which provides the codes it request!

So, I choose a different verification method and that is mobile. I enter the last four (4) digits of my mobile number as it requests but no text is received. I've tried a number of times now and still, no text.

The mobile number on my account is correct.

I don't want to change any of my details to get around the problem as it puts a temporary hold on my account for 30 days, this I'm trying to avoid. I e had this problem before, all the account information was correct but I, either didn't receive the text
    sms or emails. If I can recall, I did get the verification emails but there was a delay of almost a day but I'm not trying to verify by email so this shouldn't be related unless there's a long day in receiving these text sms.

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to... :)

ShaVerZ, May 12, 2023
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There are a number of possible explanations for why verification codes don't always arrive. Read through the list of the most common causes, under the section
    Troubleshooting verification code issues,
    in the article
    Microsoft account security info & verification codes
    and see if it helps.

Additional Info:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    Microsoft Authenticator App support forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 12, 2023
  4. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

Unable to receive code on Authenticator App

Hi,

One of my partner unable to receive code on her phone.on Authenticator App even after the trouble shooting steps.

Kindly assist to contact the partner and provide the neccessary assistance.

Partner Name; Vasu

Phone:<removed> - Partner based in US

Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank You

Athiswari Alagan (Convergys Corporation), May 12, 2023
Thema:

Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

1. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to... - Similar Threads - Unable receive verification

2. Cant receive verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant receive verification code: I'm experiencing difficulties in receiving verification codes from Microsoft accounts. However, I am able to receive email updates by substituting the email address with another one. The problem lies in the fact that I am unable to receive any verification codes, and I do not...
  3. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...: I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am required to "Approve Sign in Request" using my Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile. However, NO number appears on my...
  4. Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...

Unable to receive verification code/number on mobile Authenticator App while trying to...: I desperately need help. I've been trying to log in to my Microsoft Account on PC for a couple of hours now. After I indicated my password, I am required to "Approve Sign in Request" using my Microsoft Authenticator app on mobile. However, NO number appears on my...
  5. Not receiving verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving verification code: Hi, updated windows 11 bios when i sign in it asks for verification code I put my password in and it then sends me a code which I don't receive, i have checked my emails with my broadband provider and there's nothing there, I did this several times last night and this morning...
  6. Not receiving verification code

Not receiving verification code: Hi, updated windows 11 bios when i sign in it asks for verification code I put my password in and it then sends me a code which I don't receive, i have checked my emails with my broadband provider and there's nothing there, I did this several times last night and this morning...
  7. can not received verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not received verification code: Dear Sir / Madam i can not login the computer due to Miscroft account : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** , the password lost . i also use the phone verification by Phone 65 83727167 , still not received the verification code by phone , please help to settle . I...
  8. Not Receiving Verification Code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not Receiving Verification Code: Hi, I have problem with this, I didn't received any SMS through my phone number, I've double check my profile info to check the phone number is correct or not.please help, I can't login to my laptop because after update the windows system the laptop request to setup new pin,...
  9. unable to receive verification codes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to receive verification codes: i can not receive any codes with my mobile phone, even though it is working properly. what am i suppose to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-receive-verification-codes/24134097-2c90-487c-b406-19c2a91f2623
  10. Not receiving Verification code when trying to update phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving Verification code when trying to update phone number: I want to add another phone number to security settings, but you do not send a code ***Modified title from: I want to add another phone number to security settings, but you do not send a code***...