Windows 10: unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem

Discus and support unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Chart showing if sending a print test page to an HP 2540 all in one printer was successful using different versions of windows and print drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lowellgray, Apr 24, 2020.

1. unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem

Chart showing if sending a print test page to an HP 2540 all in one printer was successful using different versions of windows and print drivers.

Printe Driver Source Printer Connection

Windows Version Install CD Download USB TCP WSD

8.1 with updates yes yes yes yes yes

10 Home No updates yes yes yes yes yes

10 Home some updates yes yes yes yes yes

10 Home current update yes yes yes yes NO

10 PRO some updates yes yes yes yes yes

10 PRO current update yes yes yes yes NO

I ran all these tests by adding a new printer 2540 using the driver from the CD that came with the printer and then down loading the driver from HP and ran the test again. I did this for three printers one using USB cable, one using TCB port and one using WSD port. You can see from this that printers using WSD port worked OK for a period of time with updates but no longer works with the current update. I have no way of determining the update when the transition from working OK to no longer working occurred.

:)

Lowellgray, Apr 24, 2020

2. printer trays don't follow the instructions in Word/printer/page_setup

Hi Denny,

There are several reasons why an issue occurs, sometimes this may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this article on how to
    fix printer problems in Windows 10. Once you're done, check if the issue
    persists.

On the other hand, if the issue is still the same, you may remove and reinstall the printer on your device. To do this, follow the steps below:

To remove your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under the Printers and Scanners, find and select the printer and click
      Remove device.

To reinstall your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
    • Make sure that your printer is on and connected to your computer.
    • It will scan the available device that is connected to your PC, wait for it until it finds a printer, and then select
      Add device.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver by visiting the manufacturer's website.

Note: You can print a test page to make sure that the printer is working correctly.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you and if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 24, 2020
  3. USB Printer Port vanished following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if they help:

Method 1: Printer troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Method 2: Update you printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Printers.

• Double-click on the Printer.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Method 3: Manually install your printer.

Click on the link below and follow the steps to manually install a printer. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 24, 2020
  4. unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem

Printer offline problem persists

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

Method 2: I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem

1. unable to reconnect for follow up on a printer problem - Similar Threads - unable reconnect follow

2. Follow up:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Follow up:: Hello,I wanted to let others know my experience with installing Windows 11 on a Dell T5810 Workstation. At first, I tried all of the suggestions, got TPM 2.0 installed, UEFI BIOS set, and secure boot start turned on, I also updated the registry and set it to unsupported mode....
  3. Follow up:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Follow up:: Hello,I wanted to let others know my experience with installing Windows 11 on a Dell T5810 Workstation. At first, I tried all of the suggestions, got TPM 2.0 installed, UEFI BIOS set, and secure boot start turned on, I also updated the registry and set it to unsupported mode....
  4. BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at start-up following Windows update: unable to uninstall update, despite following...: Hi. Windows installed an automatic update a couple of days ago, and now I get a BSOD when I try to start up my PC. The initial blue screen info reports: 'Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED' and 'AmUStor.SYS' as 'what failed'. I followed processes to try to...
  5. printui.exe problem, unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    printui.exe problem, unable to connect printer: I cannot add my brother printer to the list of printers on my laptop anymore. I have previously connected this printer and it worked smoothly until I decided to change my wifi password. i have logged in to my new wifi with the laptop and the printer, however the printer did...
  6. Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.: Hi I have a Canon G3510 wireless printer and used it to print from a Lenovo desktop. But to get it to print I first had to print something off the internet before it would print a word document each day. It did work up to a couple of weeks ago when then was a couple of...
  7. Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.: Hi I have a Canon G3510 wireless printer and used it to print from a Lenovo desktop. But to get it to print I first had to print something off the internet before it would print a word document each day. It did work up to a couple of weeks ago when then was a couple of...
  8. UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK: I am trying to shop on the Macy's site. They have many drill down links and all return this error: Access Denied You don't have permission to access the requested URL on this server. Reference: 18.3d15e8ac.1577414981.83c8bb6en I am working on a secured WiFi network at my...
  9. BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up: I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD problems. I followed the instructions on the wiki links given below to use Driver Verifier and get the DMP files, which I have linked here along with the system information generated from MSinfo32 and Speccy. The last BSOD gave me the...
  10. Unable to follow a link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to follow a link: I am trying to go to a link. I am getting the message "Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk." This is my home computer. I have no help desk. I have not changed any settings as far as I...