Windows 10: Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX

Discus and support Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just got Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset. It comes with a built in microphone. When i plug it in, the audio works but the mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gabecorr, Dec 28, 2018.

1. gabecorr Win User

Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX

Hello,

I just got Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset. It comes with a built in microphone. When i plug it in, the audio works but the mic does not. I went to the "recording" settings under the "Sound" settings and I have microphones showing but only the Laptops Build in microphones pick up sound.

I've plugged multiple different mics into the laptop AUX and none will pick up sound.

***Original title: Microphones are showing but not picking up sound. HELP!***

:)

gabecorr, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX

Unable to use microphones

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the recording. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

This might be due to some incorrect audio settings or it might be due to the outdated audio HD drivers. Let’s try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    Step 2: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

a) Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

b) Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c) Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.

Now, check the issue. If it is already enabled, then try the next method and check the issue.

Method 2: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Recording Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If this does not help, then let’s try updating the sound card drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 3: Update the Sound Card Drivers.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX

1. Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX - Similar Threads - Unable record audio

2. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  3. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  4. Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings: Hello I have had a strange problem for a long time now regarding microphone audio. Every time I record some audio say when I'm playing a videogame and I go to edit that video, I have set it up so there are only 2 audio tracks, one desktop audio, and one microphone audio....
  5. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  6. Recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording from microphone: I am trying to record my screen to show how to fill out a form. I am needing to have my voice recorded at the same time. I have an external microphone plugged in. I use window alt R and make sure the microphone is on. However the first many attempts no audio recorded. My...
  7. Audio Static through Aux Windows 10

Audio Static through Aux Windows 10: Hey everyone, I'm getting a constant static noise coming through aux and it's definitely computer related. Furthermore, when in Safe Mode, the static noise is greatly reduced to a tiny bit of static. Also, I notice when I refresh a chrome tab, there's no static until the page...
  8. Plug in Microphone not recording audio?

Plug in Microphone not recording audio?: i have a Microphone, it has a converter that puts it into a 3.5 mm two prong audio cable. When i plug it into my computer it wont record and is acting as the left audio channel, is there a way to fix this? maybe change the settings?...
  9. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  10. Play records through microphone line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play records through microphone line: Hey guys i need your help. :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line. I work as a pollster at home, on my private computer (with Windows 10). And as it happens on this job, people quite rarely agree for an interview so...